Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a while today reading up on Orks using the new codex. I'm waiting till I know a little more before making my first Ork purchase. I'm liking the look of the Bad Moons GW are showcasing but I'm thinking the Blood Axes may suit allying with my CSM. I would like to aim for 500 points of Orks for now. Can anyone suggest a clan that may complement my Black Legion? Feel free to help and guide me before I make my first buy. Cheers, Jon.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Boyz are never wrong. All klans use them so you can't go wrong there. Now what Aspect off war does your black legion excell at? Blood Axes are great fluffwise and can bring whatever. They would surely paint themselves with chaos stars if they thought it have them some benefit. They may be paid with imperial loot so great conversion oppertunities.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Below is a list Neferhet wrote for me. I've not used this in 7th yet; to be honest only played one game of 7th, but I will be wanting to keep 1500 points of this and add 500 points of Orks. Not sure if it's fluffy (I'm relatively new to 40k) but my models are all painted black legion and I love to use Abaddon.

So, basically now you need a list that can be able to get first blood before the enemy, to do linebreaker and deny it to the opponent and capable of crushing the warlord while keeping yours safe...and of course take 1-2 objectives.<br />
I'd say:<br />
<br />
Abaddon<br />
5 terminators<br />
MoTzeentch<br />
4 combimelta<br />
3 poweraxes<br />
1 lightning claw<br />
champion w/ poweraxe<br />
(470 points. they do same stuff as before. failbaddon as warlord should be enough to protect that Vpoint!!)<br />
<br />
Slaanesh Lord on Steed<br />
Sigils of corruption<br />
Murder Sword<br />
(160 pts. same as before, he will be joined by...)<br />
<br />
5 Chosen <br />
5 plasmaguns<br />
(165 pts. same as before. they are ok ,even if small squad, due to outflanking. you must take first blood before they reach the field)<br />
<br />
<br />
15 Marines<br />
Icon of vengeance<br />
2 plasmaguns<br />
(255 pts they advance on the board and should be strong enough to reach midfield where they can take an objective while shooting. keep the icon bearer alive and they will be hard to remove)<br />
<br />
10 Marines<br />
MoSlaanesh<br />
Icon of excess<br />
2 plasmaguns<br />
(220 pts. second objective taker. less numerous but more resilient. Also I5 means you should defend well in assault. but nonetheless they want to keep shooting from midfield)<br />
<br />
2 Vindicators w/ combibolters <br />
(250 pts. advancing with the two marines units, possibly screened by them to get a 5+ cover save)<br />
<br />
Heldrake w/baleflamer<br />
(170 pts)<br />
<br />
5 Chosen<br />
5 flamers<br />
Rhino<br />
(150 pts. use them as before, to retake an objective and to counter enemy linebreaker)<br />
<br />
5 Havocs<br />
4 autocannons<br />
veterans of the long war<br />
(120 pts. the weak spot of the army, but they are really useful. few bodies means they should begin the game in cover and in support range of the other units, possibly out of sight. VotLW is there to help with morale test from shooting.)<br />
<br />
Basically the same as before, save that now your only easy removed unit is the havoc squad. If faved with 2 AV14 tanks you will struggle a little, but that will be rare.<br />
<br />
Also, if you did ok against the space marine bikercheese, then you will be good with most opponents. This is not a competitive list, however, so prepare to be owned by those funny guys that comes down with netlists.<br/>

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm happy to drop the Chosen with flamers in their rhino. Also, since the Drake isn't as good he may have to go. Could some boys take the place of one of the marine squads?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
If you want some fun you could always have a Big Mek with SAG. Always target though targets cause you don't want to waste a high S shot. Also take an ammo runt for that important reroll if he scatters. If you chose to exchange the flamermarines I would suggest a big unit of shootaboyz.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I was to give Abaddon and his terminator bodyguards a rest what would be a good equivalent using Orks?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I would also go with MEganobs. as for a leader I would go with either Doc Grotsnick or a warboss in megaarmour with a luckystick. they will bash stuff up really good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.