Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Hoping someone can help me please. I have just bought the new codex and would like some help with a 500 point list to allie with my CSM to total 2000 points.

I haven't bought any Orks yet and I own around 7000 points of CSM so have access to a wide variety with them. I would like the Orks to be mostly close combat but really something to help introduce me to the Orks.

Anything is appreciated and please suggest a few tactics to use with the list if possible.

Cheers, Jon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great first question; complement a side order of Orks? I like to use Slaanesh shooty Marines, Abaddon, Vindicators, Nurgle or even khorne bikes, Chosen and sometimes Cultists. I also love using a Khorne Juggerlord and Be'lakor. I could go on.

Suppose I'm looking at footslogging Orks that will need to be taken care of otherwise they will attack you to death when they get there OR if my opponent concentrates on the Orks my CSM will destroy them with dakka and tactical skill.

Does that make sense? It kinda does to me :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I kind of get it. Though you have a lot of options here.

I would do one of two things:
1st: a warboss with big choppa, bosspole, and Armour
With a squad of 30 sluggas with nob with pk
And a mob of 20 shoota boyz with nob with bosspole and 2 special weapons in the squad
Finally a unit of 10 Grots this should come to 499

2nd: (and my favorite)
The same boss from above
Although with 11 sluggas and the pk nob in a trukk with a boarding plank red paint job and ram
A second trukk equipped the same with 12 boyz and the nob as above
And finally a unit of 2 skorch-trakks

The second option is faster and is a threat sooner which is why I like it for your list

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.