Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, My name is Albert, and I am 23. I pretty much found this site while looking for 40k stuff on google and it seemed like an awesome community to be a part of.

I recently started getting into the whole warhammer thing after playing the Dawn of War series (Soulstorm, come already). I then started reading the books starting with the Last Chancers, then Soul Drinkers, and Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium (All time Fav). I am working my way through all of the omnibuses, and am currently on Gaunt's Ghosts' First Omnibus.

I kinda dragged my girlfriend into the 40k universe too, and we finally worked up the nerve to get the battle for macragge kit, and she just loved the tyranids, and i don't feel like being ultramarines, so i decided to try to start with Black Templars, hehehe. I am still trying to find my 40k racial identity, but i think i will end up with a guard regiment after i build up a little Black Templar Army.

I am looking forward to learning cool stuff from you all, and hope to one day pass that knowledge on. peace.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Hey Albert great to have you here.

Good choice on getting onto GG. I've just finished reading The Armour Of Contempt and have ordered Only In Death. Great seris. Have you considered reading Horus Heresy next - also very good.

Be great to see you around - get your GF to join up as well ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cccp_one: Well, i thought about starting with guard army initially, but the mcragge set looked like a good way to learn, and i actually thought of going with a communist russia theme. the whole hammer and sickle imagery was soo much better in concept than the way it worked out in real life. And no, I would not use vestroyvans (sp?) i like the cadian look just fine. i'd imagine it would probably be pretty commissar heavy though, but like i said, i am just starting out. I wanna actually know what I am doing before I get too conceptual. :laugh: Anyway, i really don't have much since i haven't even finished painting my first kit, I am just kinda blowing off the whole painting my first SM as smurfs, because I'm not gonna waste my time if I am gonna end up with a BT army, know what I mean?

Jacobite: Yeah, I just got into the second book of the GG, and it is hard to put down. I read Horus Rising, and i never finished it. It just dragged on and on... then BAM amazing plot twist. then repeat. BUT I started Descent of Angels (on Ch. 4), and it has been awesome so far. I love the fact that you see the seeds of chaos sown so very early in the book. very promising so far. If I only read one book at a time they tend too get read too fast so i kinda read everything at once, at a more gradual pace. That way it has more time to sit, and I seem to get more out of the book. :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts