Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
disclaimer= i have never played as grey knights and this is my first list and i only ever faced them once as an allied detachment for some guard a long time ago. please criticize at will.

I have been playing tau for almost 2 years now and am thinking about starting a grey knight army. I got the codex and have come up with a couple different lists this one is the one that seems to be realy diffrent form the classic tau sit back and shoot while still incorporating that element in the list and so iv chosen it to be the one for me to work on.

inquisitor coteaz (A dude high up in the imperium who is at the top of a top secret organization of theifs and low-lifes passing him info. YES PLEASE!) also he unlocks henchmen 100

3 henchmen - bolter - razorback - psybolts - heavy bolter 65

10 interceptor squad- 1 halberd on justicar - 2 incinerators - 1 daemon hammer 315

10 interceptor squad- 1 halberd on justicar - 2 incinerators - 1 daemon hammer 315

storm raven - hurricane bolters - psybolts- assault cannon - multi-melta 255

purifiers - 4 falchions - 1 sword (didn't have the points for the last falchion) 140

dread knight - personal teleporter - other than that i don't really know how to equip him, the great sword Gatling psilencer looks good but the heavy incinerator would be good to so tips here please? i have about a 265 point limit on each an please keep my tactics with him in mind when suggesting a load out

another dread knight

battle plan= the 3 henchmen stay back an try to secure my objectives and plinking away with the psy-backs. The interceptors and dread knight rush forwards first or second turn depending on my opponent and deployment etc. The purifiers go in the storm raven arrive 2ed or 3rd turn move around take out enemy fliers hopefully depositing the purifiers either around the interceptor/dread knights (who are hopefully still alive in my opponents back field) or to buffer in the midfield to help stop my opponent advance if they are. the last and final unit in my army is coteaz, i just don't know what to do with him, keep him back with the henchmen or go with the purifiers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
disclaimer= i have never played as grey knights and this is my first list and i only ever faced them once as an allied detachment for some guard a long time ago. please criticize at will.

I have been playing tau for almost 2 years now and am thinking about starting a grey knight army. I got the codex and have come up with a couple different lists this one is the one that seems to be realy diffrent form the classic tau sit back and shoot while still incorporating that element in the list and so iv chosen it to be the one for me to work on.

inquisitor coteaz (A dude high up in the imperium who is at the top of a top secret organization of theifs and low-lifes passing him info. YES PLEASE!) also he unlocks henchmen 100

storm raven - hurricane bolters - psybolts- assault cannon - multi-melta 255

purifiers - 4 falchions - 1 sword (didn't have the points for the last falchion) 140

dread knight - personal teleporter - other than that i don't really know how to equip him, the great sword Gatling psilencer looks good but the heavy incinerator would be good to so tips here please? i have about a 265 point limit on each an please keep my tactics with him in mind when suggesting a load out

another dread knight

battle plan= the 3 henchmen stay back an try to secure my objectives and plinking away with the psy-backs. The interceptors and dread knight rush forwards first or second turn depending on my opponent and deployment etc. The purifiers go in the storm raven arrive 2ed or 3rd turn move around take out enemy fliers hopefully depositing the purifiers either around the interceptor/dread knights (who are hopefully still alive in my opponents back field) or to buffer in the midfield to help stop my opponent advance if they are. the last and final unit in my army is coteaz, i just don't know what to do with him, keep him back with the henchmen or go with the purifiers.
As far as I know, the most efficient loadout for the dreadknight is to equip him with a personal teleporter, nemesis greatsword, and heavy incinerator. The incinerator is especially important, since you will generally get your points back if you flame a large unit.

Mixing in a Psyrifle dreadnought wouldn't be a bad idea if you can find some points for him, since they are also a very effective unit.

In my experience, falchions are not a great weapon option since they are a bit too expensive for their use. The standard nemesis swords or maybe halberds would probably be a better option for the purifiers.

Mixing in a strike squad instead of one of the interceptor squads might not be a bad idea since that should give you a few more points to work with and give you another scoring unit.

Hope this helps, and anyone feel free to correct me if they see any glaring misconceptions :grin:

·
Registered
303 Posts
My suggestions:

MC Hammer on the Justicar for the Interceptors, makes them able to hit with the thing you actually want to. I strongly believe in Psycannons all the time (except on Dreadknights) and I think they're actually cheaper than Incinerators? Maybe that's just for Strike Squads.

Stormraven: If you're going to take the Hurricane + Psybolt then I would just go ahead and take the Heavy Bolter over the Multi-Melta. I see the reason for the melta, but you get the most point investment with the Heavy Bolter. Plus with that many shots you're bound to take care of whatever you're shooting at.

Purifiers: Don't bother, especially if you're only taking 5 of them. Maybe add more Henchmen into the squads to give them a smidgen more durability

1 - 3 of 3 Posts