Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So I play alot of 40k but never played fantasy and im looking into it since the new rules and all came out and also my buddy got a free Wood Elf army from his bro, so i would like to play. I was looking at Tomb Kigs and Lizzardmen alot they both seem cool any tips on which would be a better more fun army to play woyld be alot of help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Lizardmen are a competative force with a fairly current army book that can have a few effective and different builds. Big on magic and really not likely to run away much and is quite a good pick for a beginner.
Tomb kings are due a new army book soon but at the moment they're not really an army for begginners (mainly due to how the old rules interact with the new)but they will probably become really competative once the new book comes out.
In all fairness though woodelves are a difficult army to get the hang of so either army should have a fair chance against your mate to start with.

·
Registered
442 Posts
tomb kings are the last word in broken in the new rules you can throw out so much magic that unless your freind can kill a unit in a turn you will raise them all back again in your turn and there constructs are stupidly hard to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts