Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the more I read the ceamon codex, the more I like em..

Im looking at putting together a army, at least 1850 for standard matches and 2500 for other things...

Just going for all around balance..

Any thoughts or suggestions as to which units would be better than others or what unit types to take/avoid?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
... Well you could try using the search button to find the to various tactica's people are putting together on the topic since a in depth reply would take around a hour to type on the subject.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Read my guide, linked in the sig :D

There is no best list, it all depends on your preferences and style of play. I suggest flipping through the book and find what you think works or at least how you want your army to play. From there we can get something more optimal.

·
It looked great on paper.
255 Posts
You can't go wrong with pink horrors, plaguebearers, bloodcrushers, flamers, and fiends. Start there.

Actually, wait for plastic ones, then start.

·
Registered
650 Posts
ya the plastics are coming out in august so just stick to the models that wont be redone for sure (like bloodletters, daemonnetes, greater daemons (probably), flamers, the masque, epidemus, ect...)

as for suggestions overall, I just play tzeentch and slaanesh themed armies but from experience these are some useful units.
EDIT: I started typing a list, then relized that I was pretty much typing every unit. Each unit is usefull in its own way, if you like the theme of one or two gods, then go with that, or pick the ones you think look cool (generally the cool ones are all good in some way when it comes to daemons), or you think would be useful. Theo nly thing that you need to worry about (IMHO) with daemons is unit size, other than that everything is more or less fair game.

·
It looked great on paper.
255 Posts
And remember every unit in the codex is highly specialized. You should balance out the tzeentch/slaanesh with khorne/nurgle. I usually don't use any of the slaanesh units except in low point value games, Khorne kills better, and Nurgle dies harder.

·
Registered
650 Posts
ya i mean, if you are just starting then using certain gods units to make up for the low points of other units is the best way to go. But once you start winning games more frequently, and find a god or two you like, you can start specializing in those gods, even going for a one or two god army, you just need to build up your tactical know how for compensating for that gods weaker points.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts