Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am new to chaos daemons and was just wondering if anybody has any ideas for my list.

Skulltaker W/Chariot of Khorne

8xBloodletters W/Instrument Of Chaos.
7xBloodletters W/Instrument Of Chaos

1xDaemon Prince W/Iron Hide & Boon of mutation.

498 points

Is this list any good?

I was thinking of making skulltaker and all foot soldiers primary and then DP Secondary. Everybody would deep strike up close but try getting a tad out of range before charging on the next turn. Why i gave the DP Boon of mutation is because it can be used in CC and so can its target. It also doesn't need LOS. My army has a low model count (17) so Boon Of Mutation seemed like a must have. My friends play eldar, orks and marines so this army would be good against all (maybe not so much orks, but oh well) as my 7 man squad can kill of a couple of termies (hellblades).

For 750 points i was thinking about having 6 flamers of tzeentch. I've heard theese guys are awsome with warpfire and then that template attack.

All comments welcome.

·
Registered
320 Posts
drop the chariot for skull taker. consider he will be in the first way people are just going to pelt him with shots. if you drop one blood letter you can add a GUO with breath and cloud of flies. he is made to live and in 500 points not many things will take him down. The prince is not that great. boon is more of a fun power than an effective one. with the points either get breath of chaos or even deamonic gaze. you will need a little more shooting to get rid of peoples rides. and I agree with you adding two units of three flamers is great for there price. They wipe out squads and can put a hurt on rides if down right.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm Yeahh

Just wondering about the new list-

1x Great Unclean One W/Breath and Unholy stength

7xBloodletters
7xBloodletters

479pts

not to sure if this is good... need to be able to kill wraith lord so i might as well just swap GUO for keeper of secrets or something 'cause i dont think i'm gettin' my points worth for GUO. Cheers.

All replies welcome.

·
Registered
320 Posts
well consider in combat the GUO will wreak a wraith lord. he wounds on 2s on any models with a toughness. the keeper will still need 6s to wound the wraith lord. but with the GUO drop unholy might he really doesn't need it. but for 500 points I would run something like this

GUO
breath of chaos

5 fiends of slaanesh

6 plaguebearers
instrument

6 plaguebearers
instrument

500 on the dot

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea, i'll probably use that exact list(or something similar) forgot about GUO's noxious touch though, LOL. I might consider swapping the fiends for flamers though... would that be a good or bad choice? Also since i'm going nurgle now, would it be good to consider dropping the fiends for an epidemius and then adding two plaugebearers to one squad and one to the other squad. Cheers

Also anybody reading this post should go check out random jokes at the off topic section.

·
Registered
320 Posts
don't drop breath. it helps with hordes or it might even immobilize a vehicle before you charge it. but that is just me.

you can take both the fiends and the flamers. you can add the two units of 3 flamers for 720.

as for epidemius he is better in bigger games. consider you can't really kill that much with only one GUO it would be tough. if you want to run him then you will need 3 nurgle Deamon princes with daemonic gaze. those things will rack up the kills really quick.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay thanks, just another thing do the kills with epidemus stack up, as in do you get all the bonuses you've previously unlocked as well?

hmm i might drop the fiends for 3 flamers and then use the left over points two upgrade my infantry squads (+2 to one and +1 to the other?).

Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay thanks my list looks like so-

GUO W/ Breath

3xFlamers of Tzeentch

8x Plaguebearers w/ instrument
7xPlaguebearers W/Instrument

·
Registered
22 Posts
Okay thanks my list looks like so-

GUO W/ Breath

3xFlamers of Tzeentch

8x Plaguebearers w/ instrument
I have played against Necron and Space Marine armies at 500 points and 5 Plaguebearers for each squad is plenty. I have never put my plaguebearers directly into close combat, usually I use them for holding objectives or shields, so I'm not sure how effective Instrument is.

I havent played against Eldar but if they rely on Armor saves then you might want some killing power in terms of bloodletters or the cheaper daemonettes if your in a pinch points wise. Most of the enemies shots are going to be at the GUO anways.

So I would look at this:

1x GUO w Breath - 195
3x Flamers with Bolt - 135
5x PlagueBearers - 75
6x Bloodletters - 96 OR 7x Daemonettes - 98

Both of these are under 500 pts. I would send GUO in first wave and the Plague bearers for the second wave for sure because either dice result you have a defensive unit on the map. It's up to you, and the dice gods, if you want to shoot the enemies down or charge into combat first.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all both those armies are a couple of points over. Eldar do not rely on armour and in my opinion are like overpriced hordes. Also, what is the purpose of bolt? for 30 extra points i get something i already have covered. Maybe i should take two squads of plaguebearers.. or maybe i shouldn't...IDEA!!!

New possible list-

1xGUO W/ Breath
1xEpidemius

5xPlaguebearers
5xPlaguebearers

This leaves 40pts... don't know what to spend on though, is this list better than-

1xGUO W/Breath

3xFlamers

8xPlaguebearers W/instrument

Or-

1xGUO W/Breath and Instrument
1xEpedimus

8xPlaguebearers
7xPlaguebearers

Which list is better?
I love the idea of epidemius, 15 plaguebearers with 2+poisoned power weapons and a 3+ FNP,

·
Registered
320 Posts
stick with the second list. when you get more points add epidamius and more nurgle stuff. he is not that great in really small games

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, so i'll stick with the second list...for now
Anyways what number of points would be appropriate before I stick epedimus in a game.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I would say don't use Epidemius until you get over 1000 points of Nurgle models. For him to really be effective you should have a couple of Nurgle Daemon Princes running around to rack up the kills.
My recommendation for the Princes is MoN, Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch, and either Demonic Gaze or Breath of Chaos, whichever your list need more. MAYBE wings, but the point cost there is steep.
Princes and GUO are the only killy Nurgle things, so you want both to ensure Epi becomes useful.

·
Registered
183 Posts
if anything drop the chariot, if he is not in a squad he'll go down pretty quickly. I recommend trying to squeeze in a greater daemon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts