Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I played a lot of Dawn of War a while ago then I really got into the books. After reading a lot of the books I decided I want to start playing WH40k as a Chaos Space Marines army. I liked them because they're like Space Marines but cooler and I liked the Horus Heresy books I've read (can't wait for Legion). I want to start a chaos army but I don't know the best way to start off building it. Would appreciate any pointers.:victory:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Well firstly welcome to the heresy.
Secondly to start your army it might help to know which of the four main gods you want to worship or whether you will go with chaos undivided. After you do so get 2 troop choices one should probably be regular chaos space marines and the other should be the unit of the chosen god. You also should get an HQ unit to fit that god. After that Just continue with the theme or ask around for the optimal fighting force if you want to go that way.

P.S. make sure to get the chaos space marine codex (It can be very useful :biggrin:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
You can have units from different gods, but a lot of people stick to one god for fluff reasons. In general though chaos can do practically anything they want to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts