Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im completely new to 40k, having been a fantasy an for the past 8 years instead. Bu im interested in getting into 40k, and like the idea of Tyranids. Im a big fan of conversions and monsters so they seem to be the way to go!
Im just wanting some help getting an idea of what a 500-1000 point list might include, as im reluctant to go and splash out on a codex to find i dont like 40k.
Id be wanting to include warriors and shooty troops, aswell as gargoyles and something big with wings (this army will be based arund Space Pirates from Metroid Prime, and will be nothing without Ridley).
I dont want to soend too much money hence the small points value, this would just be a small modelling/painting project. Am i better off just buying the models i like because theres no way i can fit them in at this points level?
Any help very much appreciated!

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you are looking at it from a modelling perspective, then tell us what models you like the look of.

But decent, competitive lists would look something like this:

500pts.

HQ
Tervigon, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst - 195

Troops
Tervigon, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst , Crushing Claws - 220
17 Termagants - 85

750pts.
Tervigon, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst - 195

Troops
Tervigon, Adrenal Glands, Catalyst, Toxin Sacs - 195
15 Termagants - 75
15 Termagants - 75

Heavy Support
Trygon, Toxin Sacs - 210

1000pts
HQ
Tyrant, Wings, 2 Brainleech Devourers - 260

Troops
Tervigon, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands, Catalyst - 195
15 Termagants - 75
Tervigon, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands, Catalyst - 195
15 Termagants - 75

Heavy Support
Trygon - 200

So there are a few decent, more nidzilla type lists. If you like conversions and monsters, then we are definitely the way to go. I really enjoy converting them, and have made harpies and even stuff pretty much out of scratch (Doom, Shellrant, etc).

There are a lot of different conversion you can do, as well as any paintjobs you so choose.

I can say this - warriors are not the way to go. At all really they suck. I didn't include many of you chosen units in the lists, but for 1k you can just drop 10 terms and get a few gargoyles - who are actually quite good. At anything smaller then that, I wouldn't take anything that isn't mandatory or scoring.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That 1k list looks excellent, thankyou very much. All those models would fit in pefectly with the concept i have, i will be swapping a few termagants for gargoyles though just for the variety and the fact they fit in with my theme.
Will most likely start on these very soon, will be buying a few lizardmen bits to help wth conversions, thankyou very much for your help.

·
Registered
495 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts