Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings friends,

BL has put some new titles on their website, see the "coming soon" page 2.

-BATTLE OF THE FANG
I assume this is another part in the space marine battle series, sounds good :biggrin:

-DEAD IN THE WATER
by Sandy Mitchell, don't really know what to expect here...40k or old world?

That's all I got for now.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Battle of the fang should be pretty epic.

Seems the Space pups and space scorcers are getting a good lot of loving recently!

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Battle of the Fang (Space Marine Battles) was confirmed a while ago now but nice to see it solidify on the BL website. Christ Wraight has answered quite a few questions on it, I thought it was on the bolthole but seems I was wrong. I'll try to find a link then post it up.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Several brand new releases have also been confirmed today.

Black Library said:
Atlas Infernal by Rob Sanders: Inquisitor Bronislaw Czevak is a hunted man. Escaping from the Black Library of the eldar, Czevak steals the Atlas Infernal – a living map of the Webway. With this fabled artefact and his supreme intellect, Czevak foils the predations of the Harlequins sent to apprehend him and thwarts his enemies within the Inquisition who want to kill him. Czevak’s deadliest foe, however, is Ahriman – arch-sorcerer of the Thousand Sons. He desires the knowledge within the Black Library, knowledge that can exalt him to godhood, and is willing to destroy the inquisitor to obtain it. A desperate chase that will bend the fabric of reality ensues, where Czevak’s only hope of survival is to outwit the chosen of Tzeentch, Lord of Chaos and Architect of Fate. Failure is unconscionable, the very cost to the Imperium unimaginable.
Black Library said:
Sigvald by Darius Hinks: Prince Sigvald the Magnificent has struck a pact with his Slaaneshi masters that bestows incredible power and beauty, but drives him to ever greater acts of hedonism. Despite his pre-eminence, the champion of Chaos is tricked into an impossible war with the promise of a powerful artefact to slake his dark desires. After centuries of debauchery, Sigvald rouses his army and leads them to battle against the legions of the Blood God Khorne.

Obsessed with the Brass Skull, the object of his misguided yearnings, Sigvald is unaware his enemies are closing in around him. In a hellish quest that drives him across the twisted landscape of the Chaos Wastes and culminates in an epic confrontation, he realises godhood and that the lures of Slaanesh can never be sated.
Black Library said:
Imperial Glory by Richard Williams: Tired and broken by war, the men of the Brimlock Eleventh Imperial Guard are a force on the verge of collapse. Having been stretched across the galaxy by their loyalty to the Emperor, they are presented with one final battle that will allow them reward they all seek: to colonise the distant world of Vorr and live out the rest of their days in peace. All that stands in their way is a force of savages – a plague of feral orks that has spread across the planet. But can the Brimlock’s battered bodies and minds hold up to this greenskin invasion?
Black Library said:
Path of the Seer by Gav Thorpe: The ancient eldar are a mysterious race and each devotes their life to a chosen path that will guide their actions and decide their fate. Thirianna abandons her simple existence to embark upon the mysterious Path of the Seer. She will tread a dark and dangerous road that leads her to the other realm of the warp, where daemons are made flesh and nightmares are manifest. For only there can she realise her psychic abilities. After unleashing her powers in battle and communing with the spirits of her craft world, Thirianna turns her skills to discerning the future amidst the myriad strands of fate. Her visions reveal a great threat descending on Alaitoc, and both the living and the dead will march to war to defend it.

Bloody awesome selection. Can't wait for Atlas Infernal and Path of the Seer. Anything with more Ahriman is a good thing, not the DoW books though.

·
Registered
363 Posts
What's with Graham McNeil's book due out on Jul 2011 - False Gods and costing a whopping 20 quid?! Typo? Since False Gods has already been written and its not out of print yet...

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Most interesting for me, would be that Swallow is doing another sisters of battle novel, Hammer & Anvil set to be released in September of next year. Hm..I wonder if we will be seeing a return of Miriya and possibly even her rise back through the ranks to her former position of Celestian.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Lord of the Night, I would hug you in the most Japanese school girl-esque and erotic fashion, if I ever met you now!

Sigvald the Magnificent, my all time favorite champion of the Chaos Wastes, with his own novel, in all his Slaaneshi glory against the Legions of the Blood God. Warhammer Fantasy wet-dream... :)

Path of the Seer
will carry on Path of the Warrior; such as
and I hope not only Thirianna's (Spelling?) character is portrayed excellently, but also deviates into the effervescent details of the Eldar physce.

Atlas Infernal has the foundings of excellence, but will Rob Sanders pull it off? (Who lives in my town! Check it, Lincoln!) I hope so...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sons of Ellyrion: Ulthuan is a land at the verge of destruction. At Lothern, a fell army marches against the elven defenders of Prince Imrik and Prince Tyrion. In Averlorn, two brothers fight for forgiveness and their right to defend their people. But at Tor Elyr, the conflict will be lost and won. The druchii army, led by Morathi and Issyk Kul, battles the gathered might of the high elves in a vast, destructive conflict. But Morathi has even grander plans than this – to destroy the vortex that holds Ulthuan together, plunging the island into a nightmare domain of Chaos. The noble elves must overcome their dark cousins, or else face the end of their race.

Finally! A sequal to Defenders of Ulthuan published way back into the dark realms of 2007. A novel of truly epic magnitude; the battle at the gates of Lothern is naval combat at its bloody pinnacle. I'd certainly recomend you checked it out, especially if you read -and enjoyed- Guardians of the Forest.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Atlas infernal sounds like the dogs knackers!

That peice of fluff has been bouncing around for a fair bit of time now, good to see they will carry it on in sorts!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Lord of the Night, I would hug you in the most Japanese school girl-esque and erotic fashion, if I ever met you now!
And i'd pay you not do that. Its a really great day for Black Library, another three novels have just been announced.

Black Library said:
The Madness Within by Steve Lyons: Desperate and isolated, Sergeant Estabann and Brother Cordoba of the Crimson Fists Space Marines are hunting the daemon that destroyed their battle-brothers. Their only hope remains with a Librarian on the edge of sanity, a potentially tainted Astartes who they are forced to trust. His psychic abilities can lead them to the daemon, where Estabann and Cordoba can avenge their brothers’ deaths. But is the greatest threat a foul denizen of the warp, or the power contained within a psyker’s mind?
Black Library said:
Nagash the Immortal by Mike Lee: In the tunnels of Nagashizzar, a new threat to the realm of the undead is rising. Nagash must call upon all his reserves of power to defeat the skaven assault and continue his unholy reign. But when Nagash realises he can use his enemy for his own nefarious needs, an uneasy alliance is struck and a vast, nightmarish army is formed. The necromancer launches his final attack on the lands of Nehekhara, sweeping all before him. Only one man dare stand in his way – Alcadizzar, a peerless warrior and the leader of a defiant force. Their confrontation will not just decide the fate of Nehekhara, but of all the Old World.
Black Library said:
Hammer and Anvil by James Swallow: The Sisters of Battle are the Emperor’s most devout worshippers, fierce warriors preaching the purity of the Imperium and scourging their enemies with bolter and flamer. When an Ecclesiarchy outpost, Sanctuary 101, comes under attack, the Sisters are quick to retaliate. But they face an unknown alien, an implacable foe that has never been encountered – the fearless, soulless necrons. With wave after wave of metallic nightmares assaulting the bastion, a vicious battle will be fought – one that can only end in the total destruction of the unrelenting xenos, or the annihilation of the proud Sororitas.
Black Library said:
Sons of Ellyrion by Graham McNeill: Ulthuan is a land at the verge of destruction. At Lothern, a fell army marches against the elven defenders of Prince Imrik and Prince Tyrion. In Averlorn, two brothers fight for forgiveness and their right to defend their people. But at Tor Elyr, the conflict will be lost and won. The druchii army, led by Morathi and Issyk Kul, battles the gathered might of the high elves in a vast, destructive conflict. But Morathi has even grander plans than this – to destroy the vortex that holds Ulthuan together, plunging the island into a nightmare domain of Chaos. The noble elves must overcome their dark cousins, or else face the end of their race.
Nice new selections. And holy crap, the very first resurgence of the Necrons in the 41st millennium is being put on paper. Thank you James Swallow.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
If by that your implying the necrons have yet to appear in a book to date, at least three novels would stand to prove you wrong in that regard.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
In regards to Hammer and Anvil by James Swallow. Im sure some of you will already know this but to elaborate on Sanctuary 101. It was the first recorded Imperial contact with the Necrons which resulted in the complete massacre of the Adeptus Sororitas presence on the planet. Sounds like a fairly open and shut case. :)

Looking forward to Battle of the Fang, Atlas Infernal, and Sons of Ellyrion. Finally gives me an excuse to read Defenders of Ulthuan which has been sat on my shelf for far too long!

If by that your implying the necrons have yet to appear in a book to date, at least three novels would stand to prove you wrong in that regard.
No I think he means their first recorded contact with the Imperium.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice new selections. And holy crap, the very first resurgence of the Necrons in the 41st millennium is being put on paper. Thank you James Swallow.
If I remember correctly, the Necrons made quite an appearance in the Souldrinkers Hellforged?
?
By the way, does Hammer and Aanvil continue from Faith and Fire?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts