1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
via Bols
via Captain Citadel, Imgur & Kirsten

"

Then hours ago, a whole new set of info regarding End Times Archaon broke, including more info on the big guys:

via tabletop Rhein-Main (imgur) 2-11-2015

I really like the concept of there being different “levels” of major daemons, and I bet we will see this pattern repeat on the 40K side of things, bringing more options to the Chaos generals out there. With identical state, I’m sure there are equipment and rules differences to account for the points."

EDIT: that point costs, though...

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
i'm not big on my fantasy rules as i don't play wfb, but is there actually any point in giving the bloodthirster a BS? does it have any shooty attacks?
It is there so it can shoot if a supplement give units a shooting attack. From memory, the siege rules from Blood in the Badlands can.

Although, it would be unusual to choose having a Greater Daemon throw pebbles over tear into things.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyway those models are ass-kicking. Might see some use in 40k, with oval or round bases.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
It looks okay. I think actual photos will help it out, but I'm not feeling it.

The Balrog still looks better.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wonder if that left hand and the right handed axe from a daemon prince set will match up to make a decent looking Skarbrand... Could be worth while.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Was thinking with the scale of this Bloodthirster that they could easily segue into using it as a Lord of War for 40k when the new Daemons book drops. I'd sorta hate for that to happen, though. Maybe it would get a stat buff to complement the increase in size, though. Something that could rip a Knight apart would be great.

I'm a dreamer, okay!?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I wonder if that left hand and the right handed axe from a daemon prince set will match up to make a decent looking Skarbrand... Could be worth while.
Assuming Skarbrand doesn't get dropped from the next Daemons codex, on account of not having a mini so as to prevent the Chapterhouse/Creature Caster crew of 3rd party minis from filling that gap, like GW has been doing with every new codex release this edition.

*sniffles a little*

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Assuming Skarbrand doesn't get dropped from the next Daemons codex, on account of not having a mini so as to prevent the Chapterhouse/Creature Caster crew of 3rd party minis from filling that gap, like GW has been doing with every new codex release this edition.

*sniffles a little*
Really does seem likely to happen.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
That's my hope: that they'll add him rather than cut him. But it doesn't strike me as in line with GW's "trumpet every legal in-game possibility so as to maximize profits with every release" ethos to have that possibility and not announce it here. And I certainly don't see any ragged wing-stumps on any of these 'Thirsters, here...

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
That's my hope: that they'll add him rather than cut him. But it doesn't strike me as in line with GW's "trumpet every legal in-game possibility so as to maximize profits with every release" ethos to have that possibility and not announce it here. And I certainly don't see any ragged wing-stumps on any of these 'Thirsters, here...
Maybe his background has been changed so as that he's been granted his wings back, but only with continual victory. I never really took him in Fantasy because he couldn't fly, and with the strength of FMC's moving away from combat and more to shooting, there wasn't much I really liked about him in 40k either.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts