Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mentally hilarious
864 Posts
An exclusive miniature in a box with 20 of the least tempting variant of plastic terminators and terminators as a whole. At least with the web-exclusive miniatures I could get the plastic crack I actually "needed" to go along with them. :cray: If he was in a single miniature clam pack I could have seen myself getting two copies instead of none.
Ah, well...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
ultra-meh. why i should shell out that sum for a model easily convertible from a dv terminator sarge or any sm termin? shure he got a fancy sword but thats all

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
This confuses me, it really does. Plastic Terminator Captain? Good! The mini itself is decent enough, I personally still like the metal one more but it's a dam sight better than the SM Captains and I wouldn't have a problem including one in my force. Then... they make it exclusive to a box set only... da fuck? (A strike force that doesn't make a whole lot of sense either) and they market him as being UM Characterwhosamaflop... but he has no UM specific markings on him.

What the hell is the thinking behind it?

·
Registered
325 Posts
The thinking behind it is to allow non UM armies to use him, from a business standpoint what's the point in bringing out a non special character model that can only be used by UM players?

He looks ok but by bringing him out as a model you can only get if you buy a very expensive box set is a little counter intuitive, they would sell more if they sold him individually and make more money in the long run than trying to entice players to spend all their money on some models they don't need

In my most humblest of opinions

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Can I just say that for all the great detail on that miniature, and it is good, that all it really has is more armor? Just add more plastic so we can pay more right GW?

Seriously I am not impressed. I wanted to see more artistic valuve, more creativity, than what is being offered here. Just another Calgar Model really. :(

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've never understood the reason why you would use a Terminator Captain. For fewer points you can give him Artificer Armor and he has the same survivability and can still Sweeping advance.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Someone has never heard of the 1st Company, or being "thematic" then.
Being thematic is for sissies :laugh: this said gw should encourage us to be thematic with more appealing models...:scratchhead:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Being thematic is for sissies :laugh: this said gw should encourage us to be thematic with more appealing models...:scratchhead:
Saucer of milk on table two...... :laugh:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I mean, it's a pretty sweet box and if I didn't already own everything in there but for the bird I'd snatch it up I'm a second, but that captain does nothing for it. You can basically make a better looking captain from bits of existing nator boxes. Needs more bells and whistles to really get me goin'.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
This is just GW revisiting old ground, army boxes with limited edition were all the rage upto about 5 or six year's ago, they panned them because indies were buying them all up for trade price and splitting them up and flogging the contents on ebay, which lead to the eventual rule changes for traders not being allowed to break up sets or have ebay shops, loads pf indies have since bit the farm as they were not able to compete with the big boys huge discounts because they were shifting volume overseas....well we know the history. .

Anyway I have no doubt this chap will be very popular? Anything limited or restricted is hot property, the sooner GW learn that and start exploiting that the better for them it will be.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts