Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to the huge demand for the new Tau stuff, it seems that its out of stock even before its released!

Via Faeit212:

Tau Release: Due to Extreme Demand, Out of Stock

Some Retailers are already reporting that they are already having a hard time getting Tau models. I have included a letter from a UK company that was forwarded to me explaining that they do not expect to get some models until April 19th.

I am sure that GW stores will get all their orders, but be aware that the demand for Tau seems to be overwhelming the supply, and for some there may be a delay in getting the models that you want.

Here is the bulk of the letter being sent to customers of Dark Sphere Unlimited in the UK. I am unsure of other retailers that are effected, but I think its important that readers are aware there may be some delays.

A letter from Dark Sphere Unlimited via a reader from Faeit 212
Dear Customers,
Late yesterday afternoon we were informed that due to an unpredicted level of demand, Games Workshop are unlikely to be able to supply many of the new Tau models due for launch this Saturday.

According to a conversation we had with Games Workshop's Trade Department, virtually the entire range of Tau is now out of stock. Games Workshop's own site has removed the launch date and put an expected one to two week wait on these products.

A small part of the range (mainly the new Tau Codex) are unaffected and we should still receive significant quantities of these in time for Saturday; some of the others (e.g. Hammerhead) we still expect to receive this week but we will be unable to reorder additional stock for a small period. Unfortunately, the most popular new products (e.g. Riptide Battlesuit, new XV8 Commander and Commander Shadowsun) are in such high demand that instead of the hundreds that we requested we are likely to only end up with a handful, if any, for release day.

Based on current Games Workshop estimates we expect Riptides to be available in proper numbers around 19th April. In the mean time we have shifted the release date for those products to the 19th April since the stock shortage effectively pushes the release back to then. Any stock we receive in the meantime will be allocated in date order, so the earliest orders get the priority since they will be the customers who have been waiting the longest.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this delay may cause and assure you that any frustration or disbelief you are experiencing is matched by all the staff at Dark Sphere.

Edit: In other words, due to the demand, get yourself to your local stores early to pick up your Tau if you don't want to be disappointed.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
well its a pain in the arse in some ways that they mis-judged demand, but its good in others that the Tau have this level of support for the new range and codex, Ok some people will have to wait a little longer than expected but on the plus side it might give GW a little more confidence that Xenos armies can sell in large numbers if they give them quality updates in a timely fashion and some kick ass models.

just noticed there is also an announcement about the Europe stock levels on the GW website.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...e.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Was talking to the store owner of my FLGS and he was saying that of the Finecast stuff he can have 2 models total. Stores lower on the priority list aren't getting any this weekend.

Here in the US though there is plenty of plastic it seems and he's getting everything he ordered of that.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
This settles my indecisiveness about two armies for the challenge. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Local GW store just posted on their facebook that even they are getting limited numbers of stock, only 2 of each finecast piece and max 5 on the boxed sets.

If even GW stores aren't getting the stock it shows you how massively they've underestimated things and made a monumental cock up of this.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
My Local GW store just posted on their facebook that even they are getting limited numbers of stock, only 2 of each finecast piece and max 5 on the boxed sets.
Just checked mine. Nothing on there.... :no:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Old outdated armies sell really well when updated? Wow GW. Now get the Templars done fucking morons.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts

If even GW stores aren't getting the stock it shows you how massively they've underestimated things and made a monumental cock up of this.
Depends on how bad they underestimated. We don't know how many pre-orders were made compared to how much stock they had.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well I've waited about 3 years for new Tau models (and that's 4 years less than a lot of folks...) - I'm sure I can wait another couple of weeks. Only bugger is that it means my codex probably wont be posted until everything comes in.

Wayland have a bit on their homepage saying they hope to receive stock for their orders on the 15th.

·
Registered
316 Posts
This is making me very glad I had a voucher for my birthday, and ordered the codex off the main site last week to be delivered to store.....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
these things are hard to anticipate for most companies,
fantasy flight have people still waiting for xwings and tie fighters from their first wave releases
and on a bigger scale look at nintendo, sony and microsoft around a console release, it's generally a car crash, well except for the wii u anyway.

The fact they are saying orders won't get fulfilled until the following monday (2 days!) shows it's a storm in an egg cup

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They say 'At earliest' though... which means many people who pre-ordered for the release day may not get their stuff for a week or more... And that's from GW's own site.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
No, it's not a storm in an egg cup. Gamers are fickle and unpredictable beasts. Not filling their addiction orders when they expect it is bad for your rep. GW probably will survive it fine, but I think it is definite that the TAU are selling faster than projected. Perhaps because they have such a generous Ally Matrix.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Not to be a total asshole... But I'll be getting my pathfinders tomorrow....

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Maybe if GW relaxed this stupid rumors and pre-orders short time frame thing they have then they would have got an idea of the interest and demand... just an idea.

Great to see there is love out there for the xenos though.

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
It's disappointing to see how many people order blind. Filling up post offices with Tau minis before anyone has even given the rules a passing grade. Really unsettling and depressing.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
It's disappointing to see how many people order blind. Filling up post offices with Tau minis before anyone has even given the rules a passing grade. Really unsettling and depressing.
But, impulsive people are money in the bank. Bandwagon is moving and people are jumping on. When Codex Space Marines comes out I'll get the 'dex and see what's what before purchasing begins. Been planning that for a while now.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Jeez Louise, just been on a few other sites and folks are already complaining about delays, poor dainty wall flowers, drink cement and harden up folks. It ain't all that bad.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts