Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I most definitely am both surprised and excited. The Tallarn novella was disappointing, so hopefully this book will be the actual "10 MILLION TANKS!!" that we were promised. And hopefully John French is doing it.

LotN

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
There's a short story that explains how the Iron Warriors showed up in the Tallarn system and also the recent audio Eagle's Talon has an impact on it as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So this is a regular HH book? Not a Limited Edition novella like Tallarn: Executioner? I'm ok with that.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I enjoyed the novella apart from it ending just as it was starting if you know what I mean.
I know EXACTLY what you mean Jason. By the end I felt like rather than reading a novella about Tallarn, I had read 1/3rd of a novel about Tallarn and had to wait god only knows how long for the next part which i'd also have to pay for.

LotN

·
Registered
2,342 Posts

I most definitely am both surprised and excited. The Tallarn novella was disappointing, so hopefully this book will be the actual "10 MILLION TANKS!!" that we were promised. And hopefully John French is doing it.
John French for me is still a hit and miss. His HH-Imperial Fists are great, his Ahriman was really a huge let down. Tallarn wasn't good either, not badly written but I would have wanted to see from the Iron Warriors POW.

There's a short story that explains how the Iron Warriors showed up in the Tallarn system and also the recent audio Eagle's Talon has an impact on it as well.
I think those should have been released before.

I know EXACTLY what you mean Jason. By the end I felt like rather than reading a novella about Tallarn, I had read 1/3rd of a novel about Tallarn and had to wait god only knows how long for the next part which i'd also have to pay for.
Same problem with Gave Thorpes Raven Guard-novellas. They obviously feel split up for milking the cow a couple of more times than they should.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmm, it doesn't look like a novella to me and the teaser image forkmaster posted says it's a novel. But we will know for sure this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
It will be a limited edition on sale Friday 20 February 2015. You can find the release date on the back of newly released Tallarn: Executioner book.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Tallarn: Ironclad is a limited Edition that is 240 pages long.
It will go on general release on the 28th of February,only 3000 will be available.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Tallarn: Ironclad is a limited Edition that is 240 pages long.
It will go on general release on the 28th of February,only 3000 will be available.
BS. Freakin' BS all around from Black Library these last few days it seems.

LotN

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Edit: Also perhaps a bit early to make a complete Garro-audio collection considering his story isn't finished yet?
But this way they can sell several collections for double the profit. Being all generous and all they might even throw in an exclusive audio short available only in the complete collection. :good:

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
But this way they can sell several collections for double the profit. Being all generous and all they might even throw in an exclusive audio short available only in the complete collection. :good:
Well that is why the good people of the internet created downloads and torrents. :victory:

LotN

1 - 20 of 59 Posts