Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of this might be a re-post, but most of it is new (from Faeit212):

This comes from a very solid source that has helped us verify rumors in the past
via an anonymous and solid source on Faeit 212
World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Death Guard and Emperor's Children are getting supplements eventually.
The elite unit entries in the core codex don't necessarily reflect World Eaters, just Khorne Berserkers, for example.
The Legion lists will have unit entries for Berserker/Plague/Rubric/Noise Terminators, unique warlord traits, and some fun wargear stuff.
Tau have two more books; one for kroot and one for "the rest" of the expanded empire.

The above rumor was mostly a sources a response to the rumors posted that there would be no mono-god legions, and that Tau would be receiving more than just a mercenaries supplement.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/07/codex-supplements-chaos-legions-eldar.html
Not all sub factions within 40k will receive supplements. Only those who have the potential to bring an alternate yet characterful play style to the tabletop and have the scope for expanding the lore.
Just over half the space marine chapters of the first founding will receive a supplement.
The mono-god legions will NOT be getting a supplement. It's felt they are well enough reflected in the codex. Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers were given as Examples of Chaos Legion Supplements
Out of the four remaining craftworlds, there's only plans to turn three of them into supplements.
Tau are not scheduled to get a single additional supplement, but instead there's going to be three!!!

Tau Mercenaries Supplement Verified
via an Anonymous Source on Faeit 212
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/07/tau-mercenary-codex-supplement-verified.html
Tau Mercs
another Tau Supplement is in the works, it lines up with a few other rumours I've heard about the Tau before it was released to the world. Vespid and Kroot HQ choices, and the ability to play a non "Tau" Lists.

via Stickmonkey on Faeit 212
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/07/tau-mercenaries-quarter-1-2014-and.html
I have a little more on the Tau mercs supplement.
First, I was told this wasnt planned be out til Q1.
Second, I was told that either this or one of the eldar supplements would be the first with a model wave to go along with it. I wasnt told which models or which eldar supplement.
Codex Supplements via Stickmonkey on Faeit 212
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/07/beil-tan-saim-hann-and-more-information.html
I'd heard Biel-Tan was being worked on after Iyaden, and Saim-Hann was later. But from what I've heard lately it seems the supplements are pure labors of love, and not necessarily slotting into releases like we've traditionally thought. That they are following a "when it's done" release scheme, and not strict deadlines. Multiple digital supplements in a month would also not be unheard of.

There is a lot going on. I've heard scattered rumors of 2014 seeing many new models introduce to codexes with rules in box, but I haven't confirmed this.

via Stickmonkey on Faeit 212
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/07/codex-supplements-whats-on-designers.html
I wanted to add to it some I've heard being talked about, no timelines, no state of completion, just what I've heard going up on the designers wish list, sorry:

Orks:
Speed Freaks
Freebooters

SM:
Ultra Marines
White Scars
Raven Guard
Salamanders
Imperial/Crimson Fists

Blood Angels:
Fleshtearers

CSM:
Emperors Children
Death Guard
World Eaters
(Rounding out the big 4)

IG:
Tallarn
Catachan
Steel Legion

Nids:
Kraken,(interestingly no mention of Behemoth)
(And mention of Catachan Devil has come up a few times)

Space Wolves:
13th Company

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Orks:
Speed Freaks
Freebooters
Don't know enough to comment

SM:
Ultra Marines
-Why? They already have a codex devoted to them
White Scars
-Unique Enough
Raven Guard
-Don't Know that much
Salamanders
-They seem rather vanilla, to get a supplment
Imperial/Crimson Fists
-Kind of the Same for salamders
Blood Angels:
Fleshtearers
-Unique Enough
CSM:
Emperors Children
Death Guard
World Eaters
(Rounding out the big 4)
-That's 3 Did you forget to add Sons?
IG:
Tallarn
Catachan
Steel Legion
-Unique, but don't know that much about legion

Nids:
Kraken,(interestingly no mention of Behemoth)
(And mention of Catachan Devil has come up a few times)
-No clue but would love to see the C devil info.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Locusgate: the rumors put the next Marine book to be less UM centric. So in addition to having a place to lay out the chapter specific fluff that would be pulled from the codex, there is also the Altar of War missions (which will likely revolve around Tyranids) and chapter specific warlord traits and relics they could put in there.

And as was said in the rumor, these are personal pet projects by people who have a big interest in doing them, so obviously someone likes Ultramarines enough to do it.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Then fuck? No no just no, I know it's rumour but Flesh Tearers but no Iron Hands, that alone is bollocks, you can't give the other founding loyalists supplements, omit the Iron Hands but then give Flesh Tearers one. No disrespect to FTs fans, heck I like FTs, like the Fluff and read the BL stuff, but just no.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Then fuck? No no just no, I know it's rumour but Flesh Tearers but no Iron Hands, that alone is bollocks
:punish:
If they sell well more will be done

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Then fuck? No no just no, I know it's rumour but Flesh Tearers but no Iron Hands, that alone is bollocks, you can't give the other founding loyalists supplements, omit the Iron Hands but then give Flesh Tearers one. No disrespect to FTs fans, heck I like FTs, like the Fluff and read the BL stuff, but just no.
What makes them stand out? Their fluff doesn't say they fight in a style that differs drastically from other codex chapters. This seems to be the aim of the whole supplement thing, to introduce different ways of fighting with existing codex forces. The FTs, being the maniacs that they are, would provide this different style to the BA codex. Multiple DC units, all units having rage, no battle brothers available at all, they provide the scope for a different style. Iron Hands, while cool, don't provide this.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Iron Hands, while cool, don't provide this.
.........yet,
once some time has been spent on them supplement or codex wise we'll see something to differentiate them from the rest - all races, chapters and factions are a work in progress and all have potential

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
If UM's getting a supp means the new SM dex isn't UM fan wank then have at it I say. If it's like the last one where pretty much every page is the boys in the blue and they get a supp then that neck beardy little twerp at the local GW is getting a blue broom stick right up the hiney, shortly followed by any and every GW employee I come across.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
If UM's getting a supp means the new SM dex isn't UM fan wank then have at it I say. If it's like the last one where pretty much every page is the boys in the blue and they get a supp then that neck beardy little twerp at the local GW is getting a blue broom stick right up the hiney, shortly followed by any and every GW employee I come across.
Don't hold back now Jac, say what you really think ! :grin:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't know about the Mono-God Legions getting a mention in the Chaos Codex, what 2 pages, is not a mention, that's an afterthought.

I would love to see every Chaos Legion gets it's own supplement.

However, there is something that needs to be mentioned, with all these new supplements coming out, will we see a whole new range of GW products, or will this be left to Forge-world to carry the can?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What makes them stand out? Their fluff doesn't say they fight in a style that differs drastically from other codex chapters. This seems to be the aim of the whole supplement thing, to introduce different ways of fighting with existing codex forces. The FTs, being the maniacs that they are, would provide this different style to the BA codex. Multiple DC units, all units having rage, no battle brothers available at all, they provide the scope for a different style. Iron Hands, while cool, don't provide this.
Iron Hands have potential for Dreadnought Characters/HQs, close ties to the Mechanicus (so new and interesting Relic ideas, and Terminator Sergeants. Oh, and rules to represent their excessive use of biotics.

Seriously, most Codex chapters don't have a lot that separates them from the others (usually only one or two things that separate them from the others) but there is a lot of flavor there that can be plumbed. I think people are forgetting that in addition to rules changes there are extra relics, warlord traits, missions, Cities of Death and Planetstrike stratagems that really tie into the army's fluff and is to expand rules to give us an even fluffier army.

Further more the rules are being designed so they don't need to be updated very often, so what's in them should be still valid for a while to come as their rules will slot into whatever new things the codexes eventually get.

Finally, these are just rumors and I wouldn't rule any codex or any army out just yet from getting supplements. There is a LOT of room for extra rules all over the place and no codex should be written off as being neglected. That list, if true, is only a list of ideas the dev team wants to work on right now. Don't assume just because something didn't make the list today that it can't be on there next week or even next year.

In short, these are rumors and don't get too worked up about them.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Let's see, the close ties to the AM, that alone gives GW reason to produce Ad Mech Units. The fact that they have next to no Terminators so what they have left is given to sergeants to inspire and lead or they guard the Iron Father or whatever is leading. Dreadnought HQs - they don't have lots of Dreads either so saying just take MotF to spam Dreads doesn't really count - the fact they are stubborn mother fuckers, their use of bionics. Iron Father's instead of Chaplains.

To get a remotely fluffy IHs army you need to mix together bits of SWs, Dark Angels, and Vanilla. But based on what you described all you need for a Flesh Tearers list is the BA codex. So yeah I did think they should get one.

I'll stop here since its purely rumour and I don't want this to become X is more deserving than Y type thread.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Yeah, that really isn't fair. Your legion's already had a hard time of it anyway, if we're honest. (Is that a low blow coming from an EC player?) :laugh:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You say no Battle Bros for Flesh Tearers; try no allies at all. They often refuse to accept aid and only answer calls for aid from the Blood Angels themselves. If they are in a war zone, they prefer total control of it. And something to consider that also makes Flesh Tearers unique is their lack of vehicles. They are a dying chapter; less than 400 Marines. And the accounts I've read indicate either a lack of vehicles or a lack of manpower to crew them. So they may have more assault oriented everything(saying something given current BA playstyle) but they could be lacking in vehicles. Could be pretty cool to see how it plays.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts