Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I wanted to buy some dark eldar minis (cuz I only got the codex) and my friend told me that I better wait for the new ones that are comming, so I became curious and found out that many people are talking about new codexes and new minis for dark eldar daemon hunters and witch hunters.
Than I went on GW.com and found out that they do not sell the codexes for Daemon and Witch hunters anymore.
Is that true? Is there new stuff comming out? If yes for what factions? Only codex or minis too ?

·
4,491 Posts
Its all rumours.

GW haven't officially announced anything.

While it is likely that Dark Eldar, Necrons, Daemonhunters, and Witchhunters will all receive a new codex in the future, it is uncertain when (if) it will happen.

Ignore the claims of release schedules you see on the internet, they are all kids being optimistic and starting rumours.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
the best guess that most people have is that we will see Dark eldar by the end of the year and Necrons early next year.....this are only our best guess and baced of what evidence we can get together.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeap, anythingv you hear is only rumor. The only true thing is that DE, DH and WH need to be updated, since they're out of date since long before the Age of Strife :grin:

So I'd listen to KoC and only stick with official GW news... (which by the way are rarer than SoB in bikini suits).

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Go to the News and Rumours board, (the second to top) read the threads there which have all the answers you seek!

·
Registered
26 Posts
As far the Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters go, a friend of mine has been putting together a new army combining DH and WH and sent an email to GW with an idea for the name of the combined army. The response he got back stated they would pass along his suggestion for the combined name as GW was currently working on a combined codex for those 2 armies and that's why the codexes (it's always bothered me GW uses that term since it should be codices) were released as free PDFs this month.

With GW taking out the allies rules for both codexes we read into it that GW is not only including them in the same codex, but going to actually combine them into one army from here on out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
the daemon hunter and witch hunter codex's are now available for down load for free from GW, all you have to do is register on GW's website and download them! so far the rummer's about them are just that, rummer's GW has not announced anything regarding any new army's for them let alone new codex's. Believe me if they were i would no about it!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Appartently Codex GK is being put together now, with a release date of January... Which means DE's should be before that. So yeah.. I'd hold off a couple of months before buying any.

·
4,491 Posts
Appartently Codex GK is being put together now, with a release date of January... Which means DE's should be before that. So yeah.. I'd hold off a couple of months before buying any.
Care to give some evidence?
Where on the GW website does it say this?

Saying "The guy who works in a GW store told me" is not evidence.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Care to give some evidence?
Where on the GW website does it say this?

Saying "The guy who works in a GW store told me" is not evidence.
Yeah and these are the kind of rumors that run through the I-net

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
More people really need to read the news and rumours forum.... :p

Its come through the usual rumour sources that have ties to GW that have been proved right before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts