Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Might be for 7th, might be for 6.5 Ed, might just be to change things up. Either way here's the bit about the new kit:

Beachhead Stygia, is the latest in titles for Starter Sets, and includes Orks vs Blood Angels. This one will have some terrain in it, but will be lighter on models than Dark Vengeance was for 6th edition. In addition to the starter set, there will be a starter painting kit with a squad of snapfit marines and boyz.

Getting some terrain for the tabletop is always good in my mind, and I am not so sure that this includes a mini rulebook, unless of course the 96 page book is it.

Please remember that these are rumors.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
40k 7th edition and the new starter kit Beachhead Stygia. It is small kit, with only five scouts, five blood angels, a commander with jump pack, five meganobs, 10 armoured ork shootas including a nob with two-handed axe and 10 gretchins. There are some destroyed columns, destroyed gothic stone walls and a three-piece stone bridge carried by gargoyles. It has a 96 page book, but only about the half is used for rules including three scenarios. Expert rules like all vehicle-related stuff are omitted completely. There are a handful of dice, a ruler, but no blast markers.

At the same time, there will be a new starter painting kit with 10 snapfit miniatures that will bring the tactical marines from the starter box to a full squad size and gives the ork player 5 additional boyz. It has a 48 page booklet with additional scenarios and hobby guides, brushes, basing sand and glue.
UPDATE:
BoLS had the above rumor plus this one:

Launch Window - @September
Rules Summary: Updated Mini-rulebook contains FAQs, minor tweaks and clarifications, and much of Stronghold Assault rolled into a new shiny package.
Miniatures included: @70
Armies:
Blood Angels (plastic quick assembly)
- Assault Marine Squad
- Tactical Marine Squad
- Death Company Squad
- Captain (kitted out for assault)
- Chaplain
- Sanguinary Priest (limited edition, similar to the Dark Vengeance mini was)

Orks (plastic quick assembly)
- 'Ardboys (full mob)
- Nobs (small squad)
- Warboss
- Big Mek
- Ork themed fortification

This was described as simply an updated Warhammer 40,000 Starter Set and specifically "NOT 7th Edition."
So either could be right, both could be wrong or the real thing is somewhere between them.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cool when is the Blood Angel dataslate for C:SM gonna drop?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
More space vampires for me! I was away from the hobby for the last edition of Space Hulk, I shall not miss out on fancy models again.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BoLS had the above rumor plus this one:

Launch Window - @September
Rules Summary: Updated Mini-rulebook contains FAQs, minor tweaks and clarifications, and much of Stronghold Assault rolled into a new shiny package.
Miniatures included: @70
Armies:
Blood Angels (plastic quick assembly)
- Assault Marine Squad
- Tactical Marine Squad
- Death Company Squad
- Captain (kitted out for assault)
- Chaplain
- Sanguinary Priest (limited edition, similar to the Dark Vengeance mini was)

Orks (plastic quick assembly)
- 'Ardboys (full mob)
- Nobs (small squad)
- Warboss
- Big Mek
- Ork themed fortification

This was described as simply an updated Warhammer 40,000 Starter Set and specifically "NOT 7th Edition."
So either could be right, both could be wrong or the real thing is somewhere between them.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Oh, thank goodness. I almost had a heart attack, 'cause I know if you started playing them then they would get rolled into the next Codex Space Marines :crazy::biggrin::p

Why the fug should they have their own book anyways? They're nothing special.....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Now now, you guys start that and you'll rile the Templar players.
No, i'm fairly sure they are all now Ultramarines players (hides)

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I dont know about all that Space Marine nonsense but PLASTIC MEGANOBZ?!? OHHHHHH YEEEAAAHHHH /koolaidman

1 - 20 of 132 Posts