1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From BoLS:

40K Rumors: Space Wolves & Chaos Daemons Campaign
Posted by Larry Vela at January 21, 2016

There’s a new morsel from the rumorsphere on 40’s next campaign book – And it stars the Space Wolves and the Ruinous Powers!

OK, all the standard caveats apply. Here’s the latest from Lucky Shot on Faeit 1-20-2016

“Space Wolves campaign book is called “Curse of the Wulfen”

Also includes a decurion for Chaos Daemons

via Darnok on Warseer 1-20-2016

“I’ve been told the SW will not get a new codex, but an expansion book – I guess similar to the last Tau update. There will be new models, but I have no details about them (yet).”

Earlier this week sources told BoLS that the Space Wolves are returning this year, but there are some big caveats:

Look for the Space Wolves to return in the first half of the year, before summer arrives.
This will be a minor “reboxing release”
Look for some originally limited edition models to make their way into the standard SW range.
Look for mostly reboxings with updated bases and the like.
There is no current word on an updated codex.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Every time I hear rumours of new SW releases I think maybe this time there'll be new sculpts for Ragnar and Ulrik. It'd be nice to see Krom Dragongaze go on general release as well, which along with the SW upgrade sprue would make a nice Ragnar, but Ulrik's sculpt is 22 years old, rather pathetic for one of the oldest, most revered SMs in the galaxy.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
It'd be nice to see Krom Dragongaze go on general release as well
When he first came out I thought he was supposed to replace an old sculpt. Just like how I thought Balthazar from DV was Azrael and the new Sanguinary Priest for BA was gunna be Corbulo.

It's amazing to me that some of those old sculpts are still being purchased.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
If you look at the old Ragnar and new Krom, there are way too many similarities in the little details for it to not be, IMO.
Same with the other guys, new Priest has the -exact- same grail sculpt (supposed to be a Relic) and Balthazar has the same wargear as Azrael but it wearing the helmet instead.

I wonder why GW does that? It's almost like there's unofficial sculpts for Unique characters.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I wonder why GW does that? It's almost like there's unofficial sculpts for Unique characters.
I can see new sculpts sitting on a desk waiting on a release slot. In the meantime someone else comes up with the idea for a campaign box, and needs a unique mini to use as a selling point. A little bit of rejigging on those sculpts waiting on a release date, and job done. Both mini and campaign box released.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Love how he has an axe that is AP2 .... yet is not unweildy ... Fuck my Blood Angels right in the mouth ... AGAIN.
Just you wait. This rumoured update thing will give them a Wulfen unit, with FNP, Furious Charge, Rage, Acute Senses, Counter Attack, Rend/Shred. And dick all over our beloved Death Company.

That being said, for 10pts more, Dante would roflstomp this guy.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Oh, the Blood Angels Bitch Brigade are here!

Awesome to see Wulfen minis; not a huge fan of the matrix kick one in the middle of that picture, although he is neat, but the one with the axe at the bottom left is badass!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I hope this maybe ties in with the rumoured Tzeentch releases - SW and 1k Sons having their mutual dislike & history (I've always like the fact the Warp had very different & opposite effects, long term, on the two chapters).

That being said, I can see some outrageous bullshit being released in favour of the Space Wolves - looking at those Wulfen rules...my World Eaters are looking more and more redundant.

Ambiance-wise, I'd love to see some Ice World terrain & some new Fortification rules.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts