Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
via Birds in the Trees posted by Larry Vela on Bols
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/04/space-marines-rumor-latest.html
Space Marines are one of the two “standard old school” codices that will be a full update this year.

The codex update itself is more of a minor refresh to bring it into alignment with the current edition design trends.

Minis coming are:
– Assault Marines box refresh/update
– New Chaplain (probably plastic)

That would make sense. Not much salt for me to have here.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
My personal thought (and this is ONLY my opinion) is that we will No Longer Have Chapter Traits. I feel that instead, we'll end up with special Detachments specific for each chapter. For instance, an Ultramarine Detachment will probably look VERY similar to standard Force Org/CAD, but offer the tactical options that is currently a trait, as a new Command Benefit. Imperial Fists might offer more Elites, and require a set of Sternguard. Command Benefit would be Bolter Drill. White Scars may not require troops, but instead demand some Fast Attacks, and give Improved Jinks, or some such.

I'm sort of expecting a very similar thing for Craftworlds, also.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My personal thought (and this is ONLY my opinion) is that we will No Longer Have Chapter Traits. I feel that instead, we'll end up with special Detachments specific for each chapter. For instance, an Ultramarine Detachment will probably look VERY similar to standard Force Org/CAD, but offer the tactical options that is currently a trait, as a new Command Benefit. Imperial Fists might offer more Elites, and require a set of Sternguard. Command Benefit would be Bolter Drill. White Scars may not require troops, but instead demand some Fast Attacks, and give Improved Jinks, or some such.

I'm sort of expecting a very similar thing for Craftworlds, also.
There is a lot of potential for some very cool concepts there. For example, Codex Astartes complaint chapters might have more traditional chapter set ups, while non-complaint chapters will be a bit more stylized.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Long rumoured kits possibly waiting for release:

Newly cut Predator kit (seen by a few people)
New basic Dreadnought kit (with all weapon options)
New cut Space Marine bikes
New Terminator veterans/command squad
and
New Space Marine Armour: MK LVII (Heinz armour)
New Multi part Chaplain (possibly including jet-pogo)
New Land Raider (add random name here, like Julie) featuring (add random weapon here, like double D cannon)

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Long rumoured kits possibly waiting for release:

Newly cut Predator kit (seen by a few people)
New basic Dreadnought kit (with all weapon options)
New cut Space Marine bikes
and
New Space Marine Armour: MK LVII (Heinz armour)
New Multi part Chaplain (possibly including jet-pogo)
New Land Raider (add random name here, like Julie) featuring (add random weapon here, like double D cannon)
you missed terminator veterans/command squad

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Biker Honour Guard, because the game still doesn't have any 2+ save bike units. Or fucking blinged-out pimpmobile bikes with giant eagle heads on the front with the wings stretching backwards as leg-guards.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, given the Eldar new codex was also mentioned by the guys who spoke about a new SM dex...i imagine we can now begin to see the new posterboys codex arriving shortly this year.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have this:

Original rumors via 75hastings69 2-17-2015

Not MaybeDeathwatch
Genestealer Cult
via 75hastings69 5-1-2015

Anyone here remember the little guessing game we had about releases?Most of it can be found here…….So you’ll see in there the assassins game (correct)
HH Game (I guess time will tell )
… and amongst the other stuff….

G/S Cult Codex & Models (Harlequin sized release)
Deathwatch Codex & Models (Harlequin sized release)

….. well, I may have gotten myself a bit confused about what these actually were, it seems we “may” be seeing these two as a combined set in some fashion, whether that’s as another standalone game or as a “starter/campaign” set is yet unclear, although I’m going to assume that these would be unusual choices for a starter box.

AND this!!

via 'RR' on Faeit 212
'June 13th sees new Adeptus Astartes Codex release with two vehicle boxes. New land raider command variant included and new rhino command variant. Ornate design on additional armour plates etc. More marine kits to follow.

The codex sees predators/whirlwinds/indicators as 1-3 options. No surprise.
The codex sees land raider squadrons and huge bonus to ignoring damage when part of them.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Glad Whirlwind are being squadroned. May not make them up to must haves but it makes them more attractive.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vindicators squadrons are going to be...brutal..

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that would be awesome and in line with the new eldar codex! Could work!

·
Registered
773 Posts
vindicators squadrons are going to be...brutal..
I miss when Chaos Space Marines were a thing... Yeah we got Daemonkin Codex... but TBH outside of the Gorepack and the Lord of AxeCheese who makes 2 Blood Thirsters that codex basically sucked. Even then it was affectively a reprint of CSM and Daemon codex but Khorne only with no fancy new rules and bits other than the army one for blood points.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts