Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every one I need some help picking out the gear and any future additions to my marines before I paint and glue them. I was previously making a space wolf army but GW discontinued the codex so I guess that went out the window.Heres my army list as of right now:
1x Space Marine Chaplain with Jump Pack
1x Venerable Dreadnaught
1x Space Marine Tactical Squad
1x Space Marine Assualt Squad
Any ideas on how to equip them and any other additions would be very helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well you have a chaplain and an assault squad, you could start a blood angels army... But it really depends on your style of play. Blood Angels are all out CC similair to space wolves but without I5.

For painting you can paint any colours you want to create your own chapter. however if you want a special army the man choices are:

Blood Angels
Dark Angels
Black Templars

These 3 are different from normal space marines in more ways than usual. usually the difference between chapters is the heroes but with these it is the units them selves.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thanks guys right now if im doin the math right I have an even 500 pts with sum wargear upgrades.But now I was just wondering how should I gear my jump pack chaplain?thanks again

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
chaplian
bolt pistol and if you are fighting things with a high toughness you can not give him a boltpistol and give him a power fist, if you assault sar has a power fist don't worry about it with the chap

Venerable Dreadnaught
lascannon and missle lancher with extra armour and smoke.

Space Marine Tactical Squad
well give thema rhino (extra armour and smoke) and a assaualt weapon with a sar and a power fist, try and go with 8 - 10 marines

also if you want a small squad 6 man with a assault weapon and sar with power fist you can put them in a razorback with extra armour and smoke, if you want more anti tank give it lascannons.

Space Marine Assualt Squad
sar power fist, maybe give them melta bombs to help kill tanks

this is more of an assault based army with a good amount of fire support

hope this helps

·
Registered
58 Posts
the way i run my chapy is jump pack, power weapon, arti armour t honours and have him attached to a full assualt squad. i hav only ever lost 3 guys from this squad as i alocate most of the hits 2 the chappy he pretty much always gets the save due to the 2+ save and if he doesnt make save meh his got 3 wounds

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
the way i run my chapy is jump pack, power weapon, arti armour t honours and have him attached to a full assualt squad. i hav only ever lost 3 guys from this squad as i alocate most of the hits 2 the chappy he pretty much always gets the save due to the 2+ save and if he doesnt make save meh his got 3 wounds
You can't allocate wounds to him since he has a different armour save than the rest of the squad. Check out the Mixed Armour rules in the BBB. More to the point... if you lose a wound, he's worth half his victory points. Losing one assault marine is a much better deal on your end than letting the Chaplain get hurt unnecessarily.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Like I said, look in the BBB. Mixed Armour should be in the Universal Special Rules section. If it's not, it is definitely in there somewhere. But really, it's a bad idea to allocate hits unnessarily to characters anyway, regardless.

·
Registered
3 Posts
he is right. you can't allocate hits to chappie with 2+ save when the rest of the squad he joined has worse armour save. additionally you HAVE TO allocate wounding hits to that majority with worse save in the squad first (wh40k rulebook page 76 mixed armour rule).

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hey every one I need some help picking out the gear and any future additions to my marines before I paint and glue them. I was previously making a space wolf army but GW discontinued the codex so I guess that went out the window.Heres my army list as of right now:
1x Space Marine Chaplain with Jump Pack
1x Venerable Dreadnaught
1x Space Marine Tactical Squad
1x Space Marine Assualt Squad
Any ideas on how to equip them and any other additions would be very helpful. Thanks!
Unless you are using the Blood Angels codex, this isn't even a legal army list.

If you are using BA, no problem; get some Death Company.

If you're using aother codex, get either another tactical squad, or a scout squad, to fill up your 2nd troop requirement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts