Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we've got a couple more character options on the way for Space Marines.

Stickmonkey said:
Another interesting rumor that I got back was a new SM kit has been started...similar to the sm captain plastic kit, a SM librarian/chaplain character box. This makes a lot of sense as the existing line of generic librarians/chaplains fail to encompass many of the wargear options in the marine codexes. I see this as a very real possibility, but its a very raw rumor, so it could be a long ways off yet. And instead of a 10 metal blister they can sell a 15-20 box of plastic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmm...that sounds good, as some of the current librarians I actually have issues with. Heck, I'm still using the 2ed Tigurius figure for my Ultramarines librarian. :) Besides, plastic is so much easier to modify for my personal chapter of marines than those metal things.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would buy two. One to replace my existing metal Libby, and one for a Chaplin. Would be great if it comes with Jump Packs too.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I believe a plastic space marine librarian is in the bag and has been for awhile, as well as a new predator sprue, a ******** and ****** :p

no idea about a chaplain though.

DON'T PANIC non SM players, this does not mean a new SM codex is around the corner!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
And here was me hoping for a new terminator captain

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I think that these are possible preparations for next marine codex in 2012. (assuming 6th ed is released during 2012 summer.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Man, I hope they're realesed before 2012. I'd rather see them sometime sooner, like maybe tommorrow.

Or Monday :p

No thats great news, I would hope they would have them out sometime by holiday season. That would make my month.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I think that these are possible preparations for next marine codex in 2012. (assuming 6th ed is released during 2012 summer.
yep, it's just being banked for (or after) the next SM codex in a few years time

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
They could, if they were smart, a release generic Chaplain/Librarian kit with either the next DA or BT codex. It wouldn't be without precedence either, both the Assault Terminator box set and all of the current metal Chaplains were released alongside the current BT codex and its chapter specific box sets, and the current DA codex saw the release plastic Devastators and the current Librarian miniatures. I was actually surprised when SW and BA didn't have any generic marine kits alongside their respective releases.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
They could, if they were smart, a release generic Chaplain/Librarian kit with either the next DA or BT codex. It wouldn't be without precedence either, both the Assault Terminator box set and all of the current metal Chaplains were released alongside the current BT codex and its chapter specific box sets, and the current DA codex saw the release plastic Devastators and the current Librarian miniatures. I was actually surprised when SW and BA didn't have any generic marine kits alongside their respective releases.
I was kinda expecting a terminator command box with the space wolves to tie in with the wolf guard, but never happened.
In all honesty GW could put any space marine kit out in plastic and it would sell like hot cakes, i was pretty shocked they let FW release the armour variants, they should have put them out in plastic they would cleaned up.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
355 Posts
This has to be one of my favourite rumours and I hope the box is released soon. In truth I wish they would go plastic all the way. This would allow for more diversity & creativity by gamers. Why couldn't they for instance just scrap all the individual figures and just produce command boxes. These could allow you to build all the key ranks. Using the SW's purely for example. Why couldn't they produce a command box that you could make Logan, Ragnar, Ulrik & Njal from. I would have much preferred this option to buying the seperate metal ones.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
I'm fine with the current Terminator Chaplain...probably my favorite model in 40k. The only Librarian model I like is the Terminator Libby, and since I use Terminator armor every chance I get...I'm not all that excited for this, if it's true.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yep, it's just being banked for (or after) the next SM codex in a few years time
Let's hope that's the BT codex I've been dying for. I can suffer along with 4th ed. costs for the time being, but it's getting kind of old.

Of course they'll probably do something out of left field and nuke the Champion's Vows....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Something is very very wrong here - is this the first SM rumours thread for 5 years not to be filled with people saying "Screw Mehreens, I want Dark Eldar!"??

Edit: Actually on topic - yeah, more plastic multi-option characters (for any of the armies) can only be a good thing :)

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
They have too much plastic in their army. Sisters, grey knights and Eldar strike out to me as armies that are mostly pewter and need plasticating before this.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.