Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been putting it off and putting it off, but if I want to get back into the game, I need a new list...so here goes.
I was REALLY hoping to use Meph, some terminators and some more bikes, but this is about all I could afford...

HQ 125
-Father O'Malleus (Lemartes) 125
-- JP, Death Mask, etc

Elite 615
-Death Company (Doesn't take a slot) 190
-- 8-man, JPs, Chainswords

-Venerable Brother Versitus: Death Company Dreadnought 165
--Venerable, Death Company, Extra Armor, Heavy Flamer

-Veteran Assault Squad 260
-- 8-man, 2 MG

Troops 410
-Tactical Squad 205
-- 5-Man, MG
-- Razorback TLLC

-Tactical Squad 205
-- 5-man, MG
-- Razorback TLLC

Fast Attack 100
-Attack Bike 50
-- MM

-Attack Bike 50
-- MM

Heavy Support 250
-Baal Predator 125
-- HB Sponsons

-Baal Predator 125
-- HB Sponsons

It's highly mobile and is very target rich, so ideally there won't he any easy shots. Can't really afford to ignore anyone. It's got a fair amount of mobile, short/medium-range firepower but it just feels so tiny...

I could drop the razorbacks in favor of, say, 2 or 3 more attack bikes, or maybe a few more tactical marines...but that makes the Baals and the dread both easier targets.

I don't like having a furioso without a drop pod, but I can run him behind the baals to act as a counter-charge threat (and for the baals to provide cover for the dread)

I don't know...I really hate 1500 point lists, I'm more used to 2k

2k list would probably include Meph, a terminator squad (AC), a drop pod for the dread and a powerfist for the VAS

·
Registered
630 Posts
Looks pretty good for a BA list! :wink:
Not too sure on the dread though, I know you've done some funky conversions but due to the rage movement he'll be easilly led astray and shot to ribbons, without a pod I'd look to leave him at home.
If possible I'd look to drop the furioso and add an Annihilator with HB's along with a vital power fist/thunder hammer for the vets to give them some punch In combat.
1000-1500pts lists for BA's are a real pain In the arse as getting the overall balance that we were used to Is no longer possible. Just to give you a few extra Ideas heres my list that I've been using recently placing 3rd In two out of three tournaments shows that they've still got something going for them! 8)
What other models do you have available?

Angels Wing

HQ
Mephiston (225pts) Compulsory killing machine! :twisted:
Lemartes (125pts)

TROOPS
5 x Tac Marines: Flamer, Rhino (160pts) OCE Screen for DC/Mephiston
5 x Tac Marines: Flamer, Rhino (160pts)

ELITES
10 x Death Company: Jump Packs (290pts)

FAST ATTACK
1 x Attack Bike: Multi-Melta (50pts) Cheap scoring units good AT
1 x Attack Bike: Multi-Melta (50pts)
1 x Attack Bike: Multi-Melta (50pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator Annihilator: Heavy Bolters (130pts) Ranged AT/Horde control
Predator Annihilator: Heavy Bolters (130pts)
Predator Annihilator: Heavy Bolters (130pts)

(1500pts)

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting list.
My only complaints are a) no VAS...they;re just so cool! (though I know they cost a ton), and b) no Baals. You could grab a pair of baals and free up points to upgrade those flamers to MGs in the tacts, or upgrade one rhino to a razorback, or something else entirely.

I've also been toying with the idea of taking a MM/AC speeder, now that we can. It's 100 points, but it would own tanks.

Ok...I'm considering a jump to 1850. These lists are mainly for playing against my brother when we have the time. We're trying to pair down from our usual 2k in the hopes of saving time (our games tend to run long)

He runs chaos (He'll be using the new dex), and I've got BA, so hopefully even 1850 should end up with fairly speedy games (I'm afraid all too speedy once he gets a nose for the new tactics)

Here's a tentative 1850 list

HQ
Meph (225)
Lem (125)

Elite
8-man JP DC (160)
5 man Term Squad, AC, CF (235)
8-man VAS, 2 MG, TH (290)

Troops
5-man Tac MG, LC Razor (205)
5-man Tac MG, LC Razor (205)

Fast
MM Attack Bike (50)
MM Attack Bike (50)
MM Attack Bike (50)

Heavy
Baal w/HB (125)
Anni w/HB (130)

Normally I prefer two baals, for the puns if nothing else, but the anni adds to long range threat and makes it so I'm not relying on those razorbacks...also I couldn;t think of anything else to do with 5 points.

I'm tempted to go for a full on 10 man DC, but I can't think of where to spare the points short of downgrading the razors...but I like the idea of sporting a lot of heavy, mobile firepower, and two razorbacks for the price of a single Anni (well, 10 more, but still) is a good deal IMO, especially since chances are they'll be ignored in favor of trying to bust the bigger tnaks, the DC, meph, etc.

Edit: Say what you will about the new dex and the overall theme of less choice, it sure makes lists fast to write and take up less space in a post ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts