Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sarah 'Pyroriffic' Cawkwell will reportedly be writing Gildar Rift, featuring the Silver Skulls. That makes her the first online forumite (from the old Black Library forums, and founder of the replacement Black Library Bolthole, as well as a more recent member here) to break into Black Library's actual novel writers. We've had a number of short story successes...but still, this is a landmark accomplishment!

Really, there is an additional triumph here too. The Silver Skulls were, for a time, a group story running by forumites very much like ourself. They were built up from scarce information, given depth and (silvery) color. Though I'm sure that Pyro has built on, revised and expanded the information, the seed of interest was quickened in the communal fan fiction heart.

Congratulations, Pyro! Awesome job! I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on the book, and see the totemic, superstitious Skulls at their best!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
So THATS! who Pyroiffic is. I was in the dark and didn't dare ask. But awesome!, never heard of the Gildar Rift so I assume its a new battle. But I like what ive read about the superstitious Silver Skulls and look forward to reading more about them.

Congratulations Pyro, your living the dream.

So now we have Purging of Kadillius, Fall of Damnos, Battle of the Fang and Gildar Rift to wait for in the Space Marines Battles series.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A quick google tells me that "the Gildar Rift is a victory in which the Silver Skulls dispatched a large fleet of Red Corsairs."

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Oo very very nice indeed. The Red Corsairs rule, and finally some CSM action.

I envy you Pyro, getting to write for Black Library.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I believe Dark Angel told me this, quite some time ago, infact; but stolid confirmation is always appreciated :) I'm still wanting the Imperial Fists or the Flesh Tearers, or Doom Eagles, but a somewhat roguish, altruistic Chapter like the Silver Skulls, in combination with their Chapter livery, and their somewhat-unique doctrinate should make for an interesting read.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I believe Dark Angel told me this, quite some time ago, infact; but stolid confirmation is always appreciated :) I'm still wanting the Imperial Fists or the Flesh Tearers, or Doom Eagles, but a somewhat roguish, altruistic Chapter like the Silver Skulls, in combination with their Chapter livery, and their somewhat-unique doctrinate should make for an interesting read.
I did? :p

Anyway: Congratulations Pyro, your fanfiction is great, so I am sure this will be!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DA may have said that Pyro was writing for BL, but the only announced story of hers was "Primary Instinct," a short story for one of the anthologies. This, until the Games Day reveal just recently, was Very Hush Hush, You Know.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
That is totally awesome! It seems like a more prestigious line than the standard 'novel to see if you can cut it' work, too.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
...no pressure...

:shok:
Can you jab Dan Abnett in the eye until he pens a novel about the Imperial Fists, with a highly Victorian-esque, Gentleman's cane?

Again, from one Mr. Angel I've heard your fiction is pretty sweet, so I certainly look forward to such :)

·
BL's Most Prolific New Author.
132 Posts
Can you jab Dan Abnett in the eye until he pens a novel about the Imperial Fists, with a highly Victorian-esque, Gentleman's cane?

Again, from one Mr. Angel I've heard your fiction is pretty sweet, so I certainly look forward to such :)
You see, the nuances of the English language caused me to chuckle heartily until I realised you meant you wanted me to poke Dan with a cane... and NOT get him to write about an Imperial Fists warrior with said cane.

Although the latter could be highly amusing.

·
BL's Most Prolific New Author.
132 Posts
It depends on what those rumours are, and what certification they might receive.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts