Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
*Chitting and evil Laugh*

Our time has come man-things. All will bow-kneel before inevitable Skaven strength-might and great-tyranny... or be eaten, whichever is more-most important.

Is there any word on when End Times: Thanquol, *pause for nerdgasm*, will be released?? I am NOT missing this one. My favourite fictional character of all, yeah Thanquol is my favourite fictional person, is finally getting what he deserves, unparalleled power over Skavendom and the chance to dominate the world?? No way I miss that, no way in hell.

LotN

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*Chitting and evil Laugh*

Our time has come man-things. All will bow-kneel before inevitable Skaven strength-might and great-tyranny... or be eaten, whichever is more-most important.

Is there any word on when End Times: Thanquol, *pause for nerdgasm*, will be released?? I am NOT missing this one. My favourite fictional character of all, yeah Thanquol is my favourite fictional person, is finally getting what he deserves, unparalleled power over Skavendom and the chance to dominate the world?? No way I miss that, no way in hell.

LotN

Word is the next End Times book will be in then next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
That thing looks horrible like some weird viking/ram crossbreed. It doesn't look skaven at all.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
5 Poisoned S6 AP attacks + Thunderstomp, a spell designed to keep him out of combat, and 3 other random spells (unless using Khaine rules)... 6 T6 5++ wwounds... terrible.

Only real use is under 1600pts when KFA or Imrik are not available.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
The model looks like it needs to be mated up with a keeper of secrets. I think those horns would be far better on a Slaanesh daemon

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Hence why he is only good at sub 1600pts when he isn't at risk of Imrik or KFA. Hell, even then, pretty much any flying monstrous lord can defeat it for cheaper. Sure it is a Monster and L3* for 1k games, but that means no bell either, no magic items, and only 250pts left for gooodies post core.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
If cannons are still bringing down monsters so quickly, you're not playing with enough terrain. If people play how GW design the game to be played at, there's less breakage with the rules.

It's an adequate monster. It just can't keep up with the dedicated ones. And when it's got a Skitterleap move, cannons should kind of struggle to kill it with 6 wounds. Not to mention that actual cannons will become less viable come 9th edition, flying changes, and the inclusion of combined profiles. On a flying creature, a 5pt magic item shuts down the threat of cannons until it can take on the cannons.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.