Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys and gals, GW have put this scenario up on their website. Looks pretty interesting at first glance.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
This scenario seems like it could be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
ally dont like the Idea of spending a entire turn blowing a Emitter away only to be shot back at. And Chaos Daemons will hate this game. Hardly any reliable av13 killers and random deployment really sucks. Hell I owuld just sit in the corner and wait till my opponet tries to get to me, if he can at all in a 5 turn game. Eh just looks like lack of action and time to play.

·
Registered
383 Posts
This could be a very well devised scenario, or a total disaster. You could get people that sit next to a field and wait for you to blast a hole and then pop you as you come through, or you could get a good game out of it...it's kinda hard to say. If you play this scenario, post on here and let us know how it worked out.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Everything Warlock said as a complaint, I will enjoy overcoming as a tactical challenge. Sitting in the corner will not work, because then you either tie (and may as well not have played at all) or you lose because the enemy just deep strikes/outflanks/turbos something onto your objective in the last few turns which you don't quite manage to kill.

I would have thought that this game would be perfect for Daemons, considering how they're always complaining about having to fight with half an army. Now you get to fight another "half army" with the exception that you can Deep Strike freely, while the opponent has to cause 6 damaging hits on AV13 before he can reliably reinforce his other half.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
This'll be the one that matched up with that game table pic with those things that everyone suspected were force feild generators...

Certainly sounds interesting. wonder how well it plays....?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
this isn't a bad scenario actually,
however it's not that new as I played it at a tourney at gw hq before xmas,
I suspect it was in WD at some point as well

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
It could be good, though Eldar will have a significant advantage, thanks to their ability to grab objectives on the last turn (36" move helps). Focus strongly on one side, clear the opposition, buzz across the gap when your opponent blasts his way through the force field...

It would be a sucky mission for more static/shooty armies, but could be cool otherwise. It would certainly make for an interesting game...

·
Registered
427 Posts
it looks really interesting, the force plyon emitter thing rules could be quite fun put into other scenarios and games too, hell maybe even with a power station at one end allowing the controlling player to somehow influence the force field

i shall have fun trying this out

cheers

edd

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Well, hey, one turn with meltabombs and the center pylon is toast. Leave it that way, give a passage of "difficult and dangerous". Sounds good, and you don't lose much, as if you do it right, you'll be far enough away that Night Fight keeps you safe. Or just play Dark Eldar and put a webway on each side of the FF.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
It would be better if it had attackers and defenders; defenders get to set up the pylons however they want (With restrictions, no making it almost impossible to get through) and the attacker has to get through to the control station to switch it off etc. Hell, it'd be better as an asset for Planetstrike IMHO.

Midnight

1 - 13 of 13 Posts