Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most armies have had FAQ Updates. Get them here:

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/04/new-40k-faqs-are-up-lots-of-updates.html

In regards to Tau, They confirmed that Crisis Suits can indeed take two of the same non-twinlinked weaponry as long as they pay the appropriate costs and tell their opponents accordingly.

Necrons had minor confirmations, such as being allowed to use the Infinity Gate after Deep Striking and hitting fliers/FMC's with Imotekh's Lightning.

Also, Mind War can now be Look out, Sir!'d, which is a pretty large nerf if you ask me.

As far as I can tell, only Tyranids, Sisters, Space Wolves and Black Templars didn't get an update.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Most armies have had FAQ Updates. Get them here:

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/04/new-40k-faqs-are-up-lots-of-updates.html

In regards to Tau, They confirmed that Crisis Suits can indeed take two of the same non-twinlinked weaponry as long as they pay the appropriate costs and tell their opponents accordingly.

Necrons had minor confirmations, such as being allowed to use the Infinity Gate after Deep Striking and hitting fliers/FMC's with Imotekh's Lightning.

Also, Mind War can now be Look out, Sir!'d, which is a pretty large nerf if you ask me.

As far as I can tell, only Tyranids, Sisters, Space Wolves and Black Templars didn't get an update.
Blood Angels also didn't get an update.

Good catch! +Rep!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just noticed RIGHT after I posted this that there was already a topic in Rules Discussion...D:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Removed from play counts as being removed as a casualty - so crons always get Reanimation now

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Aaaarg no change on the Exalted Flamer statline. As long as there was no Daemons FAQ I could have hope. They did change the "Mark of Khorne" on C:D DPs of Khorne that I emailed in about, though...

Huh, Abaddon is immune to the extremes of the Boon Table. Makes him marginally better. Fiends reduce to I1 only (yaaay clarification!), blasts can wound people out of line of sight (finally!), gun emplacements always count as stationary and can't be fired by vehicles, blasts can only ID 1 Swarm base per hit, etc

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Don't quite understand that. Invuln Saves seemed pretty straight forward to me.
There was no actual rule that said vehicles could take Invuls, one for the RAW tragics.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Not sure what is the Exalted Flamer statline issue, but most of the others were common sense changes, or "rational play". Does the Removed as a casualty now allow you to FNP Jaws?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Creon: as a passenger in a chariot with 2 Heavy Weapons, the Exalted Flamer can only ever snap fire if he moves. Couple that with the fact that 1 of the weapons is a flamer (w/ Torrent, admittedly), so can't fire if he mores, and the other has a dead short 18" range, means the fragile-as-hell chariot basically needs to move super close to an enemy unit in order to have to wait a turn before it can shoot properly. It's... tragic.

It makes the model nearly unplayable. You have to move within charge range of the enemy or they'll be able to scoot a few inches and get entirely out of range... or they can just blow you to bits with a stray sneeze. If you could make a suicide dash with the chariot and zap something in one turn, it might be playable. As is? Nope.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Ahhh, I don't use chariots in my Daemon Army, so hadn't noticed. I someday will build my Lawnmower of Slaanesh, perhaps, but that will be it.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
They still didn't FAQ when this rule takes effect:
P.83 BRB
If a Skimmer is forced to end its move over friendly or enemy
models, move the Skimmer the minimum distance so that no
models are left underneath it.

There are only 2 occurrences in the game when this can happen; Deep Strike and Apocalypse Lifta Droppa.

I read this as Skimmers being immune to Deep Strike Mishap from landing on friendly or enemy models, allot of people disagree but can't mention when this rule takes effect so simply say no codex in the game takes advantage of this rule yet...

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Well a Deep Strike scatter is forcing the skimmer to be over other models so I don't see why it wouldn't apply.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because there are those who would say otherwise.

I personally am in favor of the partial immunity. It would give my Monoliths an easier time while Deep Striking.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Well a Deep Strike scatter is forcing the skimmer to be over other models so I don't see why it wouldn't apply.
The thing the naysayers say is that Deep Strike isn't movement. It counts as having moved but isn't movement in of itself.

The thing I say when I heard that is "that would mean a veiltek holding the relic could deepstrike to anywhere on the board with the relic as the didn't actually move, he deep struck (or would that be Deep Striked?)".

I've had a few threads about it here and on Dakka, gotten shouted down pretty furiously.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
The thing the naysayers say is that Deep Strike isn't movement. It counts as having moved but isn't movement in of itself.
Yes I've heard that one before on a number of occasions. I am still waiting for some one to prove to me that a unit that is "over there" and is now "over here", could have done so without moving.

Either way the counter is that all it has to do is "end it's movement" even if it didn't move (which it obviously did) it's movement has to end at some point.

The thing I say when I heard that is "that would mean a veiltek holding the relic could deepstrike to anywhere on the board with the relic as the didn't actually move, he deep struck (or would that be Deep Striked?)".
The latest FAQ has cleared that possibility up but even without that i reckon you agree with me that a unit that was "over there" and is now more than 6" away from "over there" can't have done so without moving more than 6".

I'd go with Deep Striked because it is a two word concept.

I've had a few threads about it here and on Dakka, gotten shouted down pretty furiously.
That's all Dakka is capable of because none of their bollocks stands the test of rational debate.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Honestly, if you look at the third paragraph in Deep Strike, it says something like "No FURTHER MOVEMENT in the movement phase". You can't have "further" movement if you didn't perform movement in the first place.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Honestly, if you look at the third paragraph in Deep Strike, it says something like "No FURTHER MOVEMENT in the movement phase". You can't have "further" movement if you didn't perform movement in the first place.
Yep for sure, however part and parcel of any argument based on bollocks is to only read the bits of a rule that fit your preconception.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts