Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think there's room for a new race in the game? I think GW should look into developing another army.

Tau and Necrons have been a fantastic success since they came on the scene.

Anyone got any good ideas as to what this race could be?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Lord Sinkoran said:
I would like to see a alien hunter codex
I heard talk of this a while back. With the Tyranids, Tau and Eldar redone it's going to happen. It's just a case of when.

Obviously there's the Dark Angels to get out of the way, and perhaps Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Orks - but these guys are glaringly missing from the 40k range.

Oh and I don't particularly like the name Alien Hunters, but that's what GW will go with. Xeno Hunters sounds cooler imo.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
FrozenOrb said:
Lord Sinkoran said:
I would like to see a alien hunter codex
I heard talk of this a while back. With the Tyranids, Tau and Eldar redone it's going to happen. It's just a case of when.

Obviously there's the Dark Angels to get out of the way, and perhaps Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Orks - but these guys are rather glaringly missing from the 40k range.

Oh and I don't like the name Alien Hunters but that's what GW will go with. Xeno Hunters sounds cooler imo.
I herd the same a while ago but it was a long while ago I herd.

And yes Xeno Hunters does sound better

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Hopefully a fully new race (and as original as say the kroot or vespids) not just a human "branch-race."

I'm sure it would be introduced like....

IG Regiment whatever whatever encountered whatever whatever on whatever whatever when they were doing a routine whatever.

Maybe something born kind of Slaanesh-like? Not daemonic neeccesarily, but slaanesh was maifested from eldar pleasure.

How bout some crazy psy-race? Nah, too difficult.

Idk, id have to think and draw and make fluff for news races before i can say anything sensible.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I had heard they were just going to revamp all the ordos inquisition at once and chuck them into one book (Ordos Xenos included)

You;d probably see Genestealer cults as an adversary force for Ordos Xenos.

As for a new race entirely, my vote is for Hrud!
I wants mah Space Skaven!

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Necrons aren;t new either. Didn;t stp people from wetting themselves with glee when they came out ;-)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Have to agree that Codex Inquisition is far more likely- there's already a lot of duplication between the 2 (3):

Inquisitor Lord
Inquisitor

Officio Assasins
Death Cult Assassins

Inducted IG
Allied SM

Inquisitorial ST

Orbital Strike

The other stuff only requires 'may only be taken is X is included in army' and/or 'may not be taken if X included in army' much like now.
And also, 'wargear item X may only be taken by Ordo Y'.

As for new race- there is one- Tau. They are still 'new' to me in that the other races have existed since the start of 3rd Ed, and with most even older.
Reinvigorating an old Codex, like Orks- will garner far more interest from me than just doing something 'new' for the 'shiny new bauble' effect.

There's also only so many styles of play (static shooty, mobile shooty, fast combatty, horder combatty, etc) before a new race is just a copy of another- in which case the superior will win and the weaker list will be ignored.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Plus if you want to go into the whole 'it's not new if WFB did it first' then you can rule out everyone but Tau and Tyranids ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i would like to see a race of big models, im thinking the whole race is Nid warrior sized. Very tough with decent technology. Kinda Ogre/squat crossbreeds but look totally different, purple or blue skinned with funky hair spine things.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Darkeldar would be one that would be practically a new race id they did them right. ATM the army is ridiculous, the stuff thats good is too good and the stuff thats not is crap. They could do with a total re-think AND the models are horrendous and could be SO much nicer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Seriously I don't think we need another new race kicking about, at least not until they caught all the old race's codexes up to the current rules set.

I mean seriously how long does it take? Especially with the slimline codex you get these days.

Another race would just stop production on the new codexes again and then with another revamp to the rules it would slow things down even more.

/rant.

Otherwise I've always like the idea of space skaven ;) I guess they would kind of be Imperial Guard numbers + orky madness technology.

/meh

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the idea of an Adeptus Mechanicus codex.

Did they already do one for the Imperial workers or something like that?

Like Adeptus Arbites and such?

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
god no. we dont need anything new. GW have a bad enough time keeping with the update schedule for the existing line. Dark Eldar were a mistake, dont bring Skaven in.

The Ad mech list from FW will be awesome, and OX should be cool too. Expand, dont invent i say.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
torealis said:
god no. we dont need anything new. GW have a bad enough time keeping with the update schedule for the existing line. Dark Eldar were a mistake, dont bring Skaven in.
Dark Eldar were surely not a mistake! I resent that! :x

Even though their line is dwindling.. :evil:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.