Vey nice indeed! :good:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Liking what I see here.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Not bad. I think the head/hair looks a bit of a mess, but I am under the impression it's supposed to be! The claws make him look a bit like cat-woman would be my only major complaint.

But then again, he was never going to be as pretty as Fulgrim ;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Would also say something isn't completely right with the head and the claws feels so small. But other than that it's decent. I've begun to question whether or not to get it though.
I feel the same. Was really looking forward to this model, i hope Sevatar is better then i may get a small NL HH army

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Don't like it. Seriously disappointed.

I appreciate that FW aren't there to make my 'dream sculpt' of Curze... but this is just poor.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why would you say it's poor? I can understand not liking it or not living up to expectations, but what is wrong with it? (Genuinely curious)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I feel the same. Was really looking forward to this model, i hope Sevatar is better then i may get a small NL HH army
From the leaked pictures it does look much better than Curze. But yeah it could be the painting job as well that is ruining the model. :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
I still like it, I think the proportions are just about right, especially the claws, and the flayed soldiers, and skin cloak, are a nice touch.
I guess I needn't worry about this one going out of stock for Christmas. :wink:

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Why would you say it's poor? I can understand not liking it or not living up to expectations, but what is wrong with it? (Genuinely curious)
To answer:

What others have mentioned - lack of 'awe'.
Also, he just isn't what I see the Primarch of the Night Lords looking like. He isn't as gaunt nor scary looking as I expected.
The face is pretty dire as far as sculpting goes. And his little needle claws are underwhelming. When you consider the weapons used by the other Primarch sculpts... he'd be too busy worrying about snapped his nails than eviscerating someone.

Not going to rant too much about it - but let's just say, after this few months waiting.. I feel let down. Majorly.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I'd agree that the paint job doesn't do the model justice. I mean, he's almost an Ultramarine; needs a far darker shade of blue and a bronze closer to Warplock Bronze, then very pale flesh to contrast. Not a great fan of the face, but then again, I've found the Primarch models to be very hit-and-miss on the faces so I'm not entirely surprised.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The armor is a bit weird. Shouldn't it be a bit more jagged? Get the guy who did the Nagash End Times models please, or the dude who did the Chosen models for the Dark Vengeance set.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts