Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get your orders up. Nemesis, Throne of Lies and Grimbladesare now available from Black Library. Already ordered my Nemesis copy, sadly Throne of Lies will have to wait until the end of the week.

Also a new Print on Demand title. Bill King's Farseer, im not sure what this is but if anyone here knows could you fill us in on whether or not £15 is a fair asking price for this heretic tome.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
If Pre-Ordered now, how early do you reckon we'll get Nemesis for example? If its a while in advance I might consider it, but the issue I have with ordering off the Black Library website is that it will cost you an extra £3 or £4 per book + postage.

And Farseer was released going back about 7 or 8 years now if memory serves, it was meant to be the start of a trilogy but it never took off. Its marketed as an 'Eldar Novel' but I read a review a while back which claims most of it is from the perspective of a Rogue Trader. Is it worth £13? Not in my eyes, you could probably pick it up off Ebay or Amazon Marketplace/Play Trade for around a fiver. Heres the Amazon Link anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well CoTE considering that Nemesis wont be in stores or other sites until mid-August and the last time I pre-ordered a novel from Black Library I got it within two to three days. I say its very worth an extra £3 for delivery.

Ill have Nemesis within the week, in golden format no less :biggrin:, and once ive finished it ill have a review up for all to read.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
If Pre-Ordered now, how early do you reckon we'll get Nemesis for example? If its a while in advance I might consider it, but the issue I have with ordering off the Black Library website is that it will cost you an extra £3 or £4 per book + postage.
The deliversy of Pre-Orders are rather fickle, in the aspect that they can sometimes be delivered earlier than the intended release, although having said that, I`ve wondered if checking out your local Games Workshop`s or Bookstores is far more efficient time-wise; I mean, I bought my copy of Helsreach, Path of the Warrior and even Rynn`s World from my Games Workshop for that matter, nearly a solid month before the intended release upon the Black Library site. So, just as a mere query to you guys, do you think I would be better Pre-Ordering either from Amazon or Black Library, or checking out my local GW?:victory:

And Farseer was released going back about 7 or 8 years now if memory serves, it was meant to be the start of a trilogy but it never took off. Its marketed as an 'Eldar Novel' but I read a review a while back which claims most of it is from the perspective of a Rogue Trader. Is it worth £13? Not in my eyes, you could probably pick it up off Ebay or Amazon Marketplace/Play Trade for around a fiver. Heres the Amazon Link anyway.
I agree with Child. William King as a summarative rule -to myself- very rarely writes to any exceptional standards: the occassional Space Wolf or Gotrek and Felix novel of a strong nature, but otherwise poor. So yes, is it worth £13? Even if it is an Omnibus.:(

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd pre-order it from Black Library bobss, every time I pre-order a novel or omnibus from there it arrives quickly, in excellent condition and much earlier then it should. Paying an extra £3 for delivery is worth getting Nemesis a month earlier.

Besides its Horus Heresy. I must get it in gold, I need more golden heresy books. So far ive got every novel in bronze from Horus Rising to Tales of Heresy, then Fallen Angels in silver, and then A Thousand Sons in gold. And now ill have Nemesis in gold, and eventually The First Heretic and Prospero Burns too :biggrin:.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
do you think I would be better Pre-Ordering either from Amazon or Black Library, or checking out my local GW?:victory:
Whatever you do, don't pre-order from Amazon.co.uk. Because I think most of their products come from the main depo which is in Jersey I believe - you usually get it post-release date. Or at least that was the case a while back.

Paying an extra £3 for delivery is worth getting Nemesis a month earlier.
Indeed it is. Okay i'll pre-order today, and if I don't get it this week you owe me £3 LotN. :biggrin::p

Besides its Horus Heresy. I must get it in gold, I need more golden heresy books. So far ive got every novel in bronze from Horus Rising to Tales of Heresy, then Fallen Angels in silver, and then A Thousand Sons in gold. And now ill have Nemesis in gold, and eventually The First Heretic and Prospero Burns too :biggrin:.
I got all mine in Gold. :)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'd pre-order it from Black Library bobss, every time I pre-order a novel or omnibus from there it arrives quickly, in excellent condition and much earlier then it should. Paying an extra £3 for delivery is worth getting Nemesis a month earlier.
Indeed, the arrival of your Path of the Warrior put even my rather early purchase to shame. True, also, I remember my False Gods came in imacculate condition.

I feel your pain. All of mine thus far are in bronze, though I saw a silver Battle for the Abyss the other day, but just couldn`t.... bring myself to buying it; hoping for such fortune again, I`m also looking out for a silver Legion, it is possible:grin:. I think a silver Prospero Burns would look suitable, although who can wait?

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Just ordered mine, came to £10.99. A massive /sigh considering its £4.99 including postage on Amazon. Heres now to hoping it comes majorly early! I would order Throne of Lies aswell, but lads holiday to Spain next week means I need every single penny at the mo!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Pre-ordered me a copy of throne on lies, happy face!

Summat to listen to while on stag in some shite army training ground..sennybridge is not fun :(

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Got a much cooler voice than Rogal Dorn had in the Dark King/Lightning Tower, who just sounded like a pansy. :)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Dorn's a queer anyhow. lol
Dorn`s gay? Well the clues were there all along; The Imperial Fists:grin:

I`m surprised the rest of you, the collective, like the Voice-Acting on the Audio`s. I know we all put our own personnal twist on varying factors of novel: Characters names, voices (I`m sure what I think Cyrion`s voice sounds like is different to yours, within our minds) and so when a version differing to our own is released we may naturally shun it, but I was convinced that Talos` voice would be more resounding... but at least he isn`t Australian like Corax:victory:

Are there Raptors from 10th Company within Throne of Lies? I didn`t listen to the Audio-Extract for its full running-time, and with £10.00 being pricey compared to £6.99 of a 416 page book, I guess I would like to know sooner or later:)

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got all mine in Gold. :)
Im envious, I only started advance ordering the Heresy series with A Thousand Sons so thats the only other gold ive got. Was surprised to get Fallen Angels in silver though.

On another note, Throne of Lies seems good, i've been waiting for it, but who knew Talos would talk so slowly...

CP
I think thats just because of the seriousness of the situation with the Callidus so Talos stresses his words to sound more terrifying.

Are there Raptors from 10th Company within Throne of Lies? I didn`t listen to the Audio-Extract for its full running-time, and with £10.00 being pricey compared to £6.99 of a 416 page book, I guess I would like to know sooner or later:)
Most likely but im not totally sure. There is a Raptor in Blood Reaver called Lucoryphus of the Bleeding Eyes and thats him on the cover of Throne of Lies, so I would imagine he is present in the audio-book.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Im envious, I only started advance ordering the Heresy series with A Thousand Sons so thats the only other gold ive got. Was surprised to get Fallen Angels in silver though.
I've only bought off my books from shelves, and have gold on all the series except the first three (bronze), and Fallen Angels and Nemesis (which I don't yet own).

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
It's basically a yarn ball for people to salivate over for no other reason then it is GOLD! It's just a shiny bit for idiots to piddle themselves over.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts