Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it. lol.

Seems more likely to be a Catachan Devil, its far too 'organic' to be a Necron.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
it could be robotic and necron
organic and tyranid
mechanical and chaos
or it could just be a blurry photo.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
it's 100% necron and is the one spoken about by forgeworld at games day US t'other week

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
You sure Bindi? From my understanding the 'Tomb Stalker' is meant to look like a giant tomb spider... That looks nothing like a tomb spider to me.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Looks like a Tyranid to me...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You sure Bindi? From my understanding the 'Tomb Stalker' is meant to look like a giant tomb spider... That looks nothing like a tomb spider to me.
it's not a tomb stalker, it's an entirely new model that forgeworld designed and created themselves.

If you look at the edges, the ridges across the back and the general ebb and flow of the picture it should be entirely clear that it's a necron.

Compare the shoulders/back of the model with the same area of a tomb spyder, also the legs look very similar to those of the tomb spyder

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Okay.. not saying your wrong as you know more then me... but...

Tomb spyder...

I'm still seeing more similarities between the second Catachan Devil pic i posted and the blurry image, then the tomb spyder and the image...

The Shoulder edges look far too rounded and carapace like compared to the blocky 'Necron' look. The antena are more Nid like, as are the claws... and the legs looked more shaped like they've got glands of some kind, rather then power cabling. The spine bumps also are places too far appart to be necron spine ridges in my mind too.

compare to a Nid Ravener:

Looks very similarly shaped accross the shoulders. As does the Mawloc/Trygon...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Okay.. not saying your wrong
just as well because after looking at that pic of the tomb spyder I am almost coming down on your side of the argument, I must have been thinking more of tomb spyder art.

However it is the necron model that was talked about at gamesday and not a 'nid

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
It looks like a nid at first but it looks metalic.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
just as well because after looking at that pic of the tomb spyder I am almost coming down on your side of the argument, I must have been thinking more of tomb spyder art.

However it is the necron model that was talked about at gamesday and not a 'nid
Still seems far too organic to me... Oh well.. guess we'll just see when its announced officially.

·
Registered
43 Posts
it looks a little too much like nids. the tomb spider looks like a creature but still feels very necron. This sketch and pic look to Nid heavy. dont get me wrong i think it will look cool as most forgeworld models do, but i just dont see the necron in it. Thanks for posting the images though, its always nice to see what forgeworld is working on.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
it looks a little too much like nids. the tomb spider looks like a creature but still feels very necron. This sketch and pic look to Nid heavy. dont get me wrong i think it will look cool as most forgeworld models do, but i just dont see the necron in it. Thanks for posting the images though, its always nice to see what forgeworld is working on.
It's blurrier than a celebrity sex tape on kids TV, how can you tell how good it looks?!

If Bindi is saying its a Necron then it is and Warlock in Training's comment about a centipede things sounds like a positive ID, beyond that lets just wait for a new pic before judging it.
However, do not forget that necrons are staring down a rework so if it is organic-metal looking then maybe that is the direction the necrons are going - so much more matrix style, personally I would like this direction

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
To me it looks like it may be some conversion kit for a Trygon/Mawloc but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be something Necron-esque, especially if they flat out said so at Games Day or whatever.

It would be weird if they started producing new Tyranid stuff now, especially since the Nid Codex didn't come out exactly recently.

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
To me it looks like it may be some conversion kit for a Trygon/Mawloc but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be something Necron-esque, especially if they flat out said so at Games Day or whatever.

It would be weird if they started producing new Tyranid stuff now, especially since the Nid Codex didn't come out exactly recently.
Ya but that wouldn't stop fw i get the feeling.......Plus nids could use some new cool big beasty!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts