Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Evening,

I've literally just started 40k with Eldar being my first army of choice so any advice would be brilliant.
(Try not to use too many acronyms :D) I received the all this today for mt birthday.

So currently I have in my 1500pt Army

HQ
Autarch (Banshee Mask, Jet Bike, Fusion Gun & Reaper Launcher - Mantle)

Troops
5 x Dire Avengers (Wave Serpent, TL Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon & Holo-Fields)
5 x Dire Avengers (Wave Serpent, TL Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon & Holo-Fields)
10 x Guardian Defenders - Heavy Weapons Platform (Don't know which one yet)

Elite
5 x Wraithguard (D-Scythe - Wave Serpent, May take a different weapon on this one)

Fast Attack
Vyper - Heard such terrible things about this so was just not looking at it yet?

Since I'm new I just want to cover my bases and not get completely demolished in turn 2/3 until I start to get a hang of the game.
I love the swooping hawks models and really would like these in my list even at the expense of some units I already have if needed.

Regards

·
Registered
358 Posts
first off welcome to eldar and 40k from everyone this is my opinion on your picks and i will also sugguet some of my fav units and way

HQ
Autarch (Banshee Mask, Jet Bike, Fusion Gun & Reaper Launcher - Mantle)
ok this is a nice solid choose has all u need for shooting things reaper luncher for men and fusian for tanks mantle will keep him alive i would say that the mask isnt really any use as he should not be charging into combat.

Troops
10 x Guardian Defenders - Heavy Weapons Platform (Don't know which one yet)
serpents are the most powerful tanks in the army overall and u cant go wrong with this set up however the 5 avengers wil struggle to do anything really as there just isnt enough, the defenders should always take a bright lance for extra tank killing

Elite
5 x Wraithguard (D-Scythe - Wave Serpent, May take a different weapon on this one)
these are a solid choose if a little expensive i would look to a ether fire dragons if u want tank killers or scorpions if u lookin to kill men

Fast Attack
Vyper - Heard such terrible things about this so was just not looking at it yet?
vyper what can i say just nonono there weak super easy to kill and dont dish out much in a codex with sooooo many better things (i would only run these in a very fluffy army and even then as a push)

now some units that have done well for me over the years

1, guardian jet bikes in 7th rock there fast cheap and can pack a punch with 1 cannon for every 3 bikes

2, striking scorpions these guys are ur tarpit killers they have good armor and lots of attacks and again quiet cheap (can also take a scorpion claw which is like a power first that dont make u strike last)

3, shining spears the elite of jetbike again fast and can take down anything in the game if ur luck is there i never leave home without a unit of 7

4,dark reapers these guys dont look like much but they ruin anything without a 2+ armor save and with the upgraded rockets can even pop most tanks

5, fire prism this thing with its 3 fire modes works for all situations and is very cheap for what u get

6, crimson hunter great flyer in a time when u need a fly to compete coz most ppl rock them now and the exarch upgrade can make ur 2 bright lances and pulse laser deal alot of dmg

7, warlocks these can run as a unit with a farseer or join guardian units to act as sarges and there work nice with 2 spells each 1 always being conceal

8 rangers these guys can be good at holdin points and sniping monstrous stuff or even light tanks = there super cheap

hope this has helped you a little if u need any more help feel free to msg me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loki Thankyou for the reply, I'm sorry it took me so long but it's been a very busy week with birthdays etc..

Well I think I will eventually go down the Ghost army route but for the time being I will get another serpent and a farseer and that will have to do till next month.

I'm not really interested in having an amazing win at all cost list, just want to learn and make the army grow over the up and coming year..

·
Registered
358 Posts
if ur wanting to learn to fight the eldar way look into aspects not ghosts yes ghosts are tough but aspects are the best at what they do and when u get the right synegy u get a true eldar sword wind

1 - 4 of 4 Posts