Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the dark vengeance set awhile back, absolutely loved assembling and painting, I also loved playing with the limited resources I had but that was the problem.... limited resources. Anyways, about a month ago I went a little wild on ebay (much to my wife's disdain :biggrin:) when I decided that I was going all in.

I'm currently reading the Tau codex and would just like to hear some suggestions as to the best ways to utilize my current collection.

Fire warriors....x20
Pathfinders.......x10
Broadsides........x3
crisis suits.........x3
Riptide..............x1
Ghostkeel..........x1
Stealthsuits........x6
piranha..............x1
Etheral...............x2
Stormsurge.........x1
commander.........x1
Cadre Fireblade....x1
longstrike............x1
Hammerhead.......x1

I mostly play for fun but I'd like suggestions on how to get the most out of my current models, also feel free to suggest other models that I should I pick up. Thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought the dark vengeance set awhile back, absolutely loved assembling and painting, I also loved playing with the limited resources I had but that was the problem.... limited resources. Anyways, about a month ago I went a little wild on ebay (much to my wife's disdain :biggrin:) when I decided that I was going all in.

I'm currently reading the Tau codex and would just like to hear some suggestions as to the best ways to utilize my current collection.

Fire warriors....x20
Pathfinders.......x10
Broadsides........x3
crisis suits.........x3
Riptide..............x1
Ghostkeel..........x1
Stealthsuits........x6
piranha..............x1
Etheral...............x2
Stormsurge.........x1
commander.........x1
Cadre Fireblade....x1
longstrike............x1
Hammerhead.......x1

I mostly play for fun but I'd like suggestions on how to get the most out of my current models, also feel free to suggest other models that I should I pick up. Thanks!
i also play for fun or would i suppose if practical but so far as army building and collecting i look at what i have, look at the books, and as i think things through, i get a picture of the sort of force and how to apportion resources. then i sketch it out, and find points, then modify with upgrades as points listing might allow, magnetize and so on... and then model up, paint and base according to this force organization in mind.

so, i might see two components or three to your collection,
vehicles and infantry, suity dudes and an hq vehicle, make a list accordingly, make a story -
warhammer is originally role playing after all -
and then paint accordingly.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Broadsides........x3 crisis suits.........x3 Riptide..............x1 Ghostkeel..........x1
this are going to be the mainstay to any competitve force.
the rest is markerlight support, maybe from stealth or firewarriors.
I'd suggest to mix strong units and "fun" units, however
If you look at the tau armylist section you will find plenty of powerhouse lists to take inspiration from :)
welcome aboard!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts