Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relatively new to playing 40k, and my starting army has been Orks. I am currently in a league and for the first time am going against vanilla marines, and the match is going to be 1500 points purge the alien with night fighting established for the first 2 possibly 3 turns. I was wondering if anyone could give me tactical advice and see if my current idea is worthwhile.

HQs will be a big mek with Kustom force field and a Warboss with mega-armor and cybork body.

Elites will be a squad of about 10 Lootas and a half dozen Burnas

Troops 2 12 boy squads each with a transport and big shoota. 18 'eavy boy squad with a big shoota and Nob with boss pole and klaw

Fast attack 3 1 man deffkopta squads to bring in from reserve for outflank with twin linked with rokkits

Heavy support is Battle Wagon with Rolla and 4 big shoota, 3 kans with Grotzookas and third not sure

this is around 1250 points with about 250 needed, I mainly have access to a lot of grots and a rhino that could run as a trukk for a squad of boyz, possibly could be used as a third spot for a looted wagon with shootas, skorcha and red paint with ram or a big gunz set for kannons.

Any strategies recommended? my current plan is mostly use trukks and such to guard the side and rear of the wagon after I put megaboss and eavy boys in it. Then maybe Burnas in a looted wagon, any recommendations

Also if applicable, I have about 500 or so points in deffkoptas, but I have been told by many players where I play that a lot of koptas isnt always good since they can easily fail leadership

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Well to start im not too sure of your list it seems a little mismatched with random units, not enough boys to little burnas to be much use unless you can get them up fast then expect them to die quickly.

Stratigies all i can see with this list is to run hard and fast at the enemy, maybe focusing mainly on a portion of his army with your mobility. I think you'd said your already be doing this but out flank the death copters and use them as rear armour shooters or hide them to contest objectives eldar style. Also on other idea for the burnas is to make a burna wagon/trukk/looted wagon if they are open topped you can drop the template anywere on the vehicle and multiply that by the ammount of burnas great for barbequeing space marines. The lootas while normally good might be a hinderance with 150 points sitting in this long range unit if night fighting is goin to be up for 2 or 3 turns they mightn't be all that effective in that mission specifically.

Well thats all i can think of right now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Lootas I plan on moving up using the night fighting for cover, if possible I was going to try and use terrain to help hide the vehicles.

The small groups of boys in trukks along with the wagon worked rather well for me against someone using a Dark Angels infantry army in the last round. All of the are going to be run as Shootas if that makes any difference in the implied strategy since enough shots can usually do a good job for me.

The Burnas are more just because I don't know what to do with the other points, and the Deff Koptas I dont know if I should work with

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
HQs
big mek with Kustom force field good, i would give him a PK just for more killy goodness, and some armor.

Warboss with mega-armor and cybork body. if he comes with a PK due to the mega-armor then just give him a cybork body for a 5++.

Elites
Lootas don't bother moving them in the darkness, just shoot them and stuffs.
Burnas get them a truck, otherwise they will do nothing all game.

Troops 2 12 boy squads each with a transport and big shoota.shoota boyz preferred, they are better than slugga boyz. give them a nob with either a big choppa or PK, i go PK.

18 'eavy boy squad with a big shoota and Nob with boss pole and klaw
i assume these guys will go in the battle wagon with the HQs? im not sure if you will need to lose another boy with bulky rules now.

Fast attack 3 1 man deffkopta squads to bring in from reserve for outflank with twin linked with rokkits
give them buzzsaws.

Heavy support is Battle Wagon with Rolla and 4 big shoota good.
3 kans with Grotzookas never tried, but thats what most people go with.

orks are very simple - go forward and WAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH! your opponent to death.
you might want to give all your transports red paint job too.

thoughts in cyan.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
i don't remember what that does...so prolly not.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Being a long-time Ork player I use the Speed Freak tactic. Keep what you have, maybe sack the deffkopters for bikes. Deffkopters are good but any decent Marine player will use missles, Cyclones and Stormbolter to take them down. bikes are swift, brutal, and decent in melee combat.

Use the Battlewagon, shiled your advance as you move. The Bw is a monster and provides decent cover. Once close enough turn your Bw and charge into melee where your Orks will eat the Marines for breakfeast.

Arty if you have it? Zzap guns and Mortars cause havoc, not so much for kills but will effect moral.

Best advice, kill the Marine head. Once he is dead, 50/50 chance they will run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.