Tactical squad x10 205
Rhino
Missile launcher
Flamer

points 1500

·
Registered
670 Posts
Your wargear is pretty sorted actually. Your problem is you lack mobility and armour protection for those Space Marines; those flamers will never get into range. Also your Librarian is going to have problems being the only bike, he needs some company.

One other issue is anti tank. You've got plenty of missiles which is cool but when armour 14 comes along you won't dent it. You need some melta.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Librarian w/bike 135
vortex of doom
avenger
Fine with back up.

Dread with TL-lascannon/missile launcher 145
Also fine.

Predator with auto-cannon/sidelascannons 120
Do not mix and match your predators, choose either dakka or sniper.

Predator with auto-cannon/side lascannons 120
As above.

Tactical squad x10 205
Rhino
Missile launcher
Flamer
No need for the flamer like Mercer said.

Tactical Squad x10 205
Rhino
Missile launcher
Flamer
As above.

Scout squad x5 85
Sniper rifles
1x missle launcher
Drop the launcher and take camo cloaks.

Land speeder x1 90
Heavy bolter
Missile launcher
Probably going to get popped real quick.

Land speeder x1 90
Heavy Bolter
Missile launcher
If you do take them make them 1 squadron.

Thunderfire Cannon 100
Point sink.

Tactical squad x10 205
Rhino
Missile launcher
Flamer
Same as other tac squads.

points 1500
I don't know too much about vanilla marines. This army can deal with hoard armies to a point but if you play MEQ you will get roll, not for a lack of effort. You need meltas to deal with tanks and maybe plasmas to deal with MEQ, if you feel bold.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I disagree with some of the advice above... Autocannon/Las Pred is pretty much the standard loadout in any competative list and just flat out more cost effective than either the Tri-Las (too expensive points wise) or the Dakka (lack of Anti Tank punch)

Also, disagree about the need to squadron up your speeders. You don't need the slot in the FoC and putting them into a squadron is more limiting. If multiple glances/pens are scored (which aint hard with av 10) then you have to allocate.... which means one attack can wipe them out... and an immobile = destroyed... which is even more bad with AV10 cause you can glance it with a bolter...

Also, on your speeders, you may want to consider the multimelta... It will allow you to suicide run them at LandRaiders and other stuff you don't want to get at your lines. And it's cheap... I find it gives more tactical flexability

Speaking of cheap, the flamer is free... so why not take it...

Also, I think that having 4 tac squads is a bit much in 1500. I would drop two, think about combat squading them and add in a razorback (ie more fire support) and with the additional 410 points, you can add another pred and some dreads or something. Also, unless you REALLY like the thunderfire cannon, you may want to reconsider.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I disagree with some of the advice above... Autocannon/Las Pred is pretty much the standard loadout in any competative list and just flat out more cost effective than either the Tri-Las (too expensive points wise) or the Dakka (lack of Anti Tank punch)

Also, disagree about the need to squadron up your speeders. You don't need the slot in the FoC and putting them into a squadron is more limiting. If multiple glances/pens are scored (which aint hard with av 10) then you have to allocate.... which means one attack can wipe them out... and an immobile = destroyed... which is even more bad with AV10 cause you can glance it with a bolter...

Also, on your speeders, you may want to consider the multimelta... It will allow you to suicide run them at LandRaiders and other stuff you don't want to get at your lines. And it's cheap... I find it gives more tactical flexability

Speaking of cheap, the flamer is free... so why not take it...

Also, I think that having 4 tac squads is a bit much in 1500. I would drop two, think about combat squading them and add in a razorback (ie more fire support) and with the additional 410 points, you can add another pred and some dreads or something. Also, unless you REALLY like the thunderfire cannon, you may want to reconsider.
I have to agree here.

No offense but if you don't know a lot about Space Marines why post? That list is pretty sound and I actually didn't say ditch the flamers, I said get Rhinos ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think you should give your tactical squads power fists ,or else a walker will tarpit you for most of the game. Keeping your 205pts of marines in a fight they will lose because you can't even touch AV11 in cc.

If you removed the Thunderfire cannon, you could get 2 power fists and a upgrade one of your preds to a tri-las cannon one.

Sgt Tarkus

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Librarian w/bike 135
vortex of doom
avenger

Tactical squad x10 235
Rhino
Melta/
multi-melta
sgt power fist

Tactical Squad x10 235
Rhino
Melta
Missile
sgt powerfist

Scout squad x5 85
Sniper rifles
1x missle launcher

Land speeder x1 70
Melta
Flamer

Land speeder x1 70
Melta
Flamer

Bike squad x2 with sgt 120
2x meltas
sgt with multi melta

Leaves me at 1335 points. should I bolster my bike squad more or invest in another unit or is there something else you think would be a good idea?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
when playing marines I usually go for quality over quanity, but for your bikes I would attach a attack bike if you have it

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Librarian w/bike 135
vortex of doom
avenger
Decent choice, nothing much to say about him

Alright, good fire support choice

Like these; I used to be of a similar opinion to Blueberrypop; that you should not mix and match. However I gave it a try myself and found that it works very well. It can deal with armour, and is not as expensive as the tri-las though it does lack its third lascannon. It can also lay hurt on infantry though it lacks the heavy bolters (though a pair of lascannon shots will probably wound something.)

Wouldn't change a thing on these two.

Tactical squad x10 235
Rhino
Melta/
multi-melta
sgt power fist

Tactical Squad x10 235
Rhino
Melta
Missile
sgt powerfist
Overall like these, maybe even think about tossing a combi-flamer onto the sergeants for a little extra punch before close combat.

Scout squad x5 85
Sniper rifles
1x missle launcher
Love this, with your spare points consider getting them camo cloaks to improve whatever cover they are in.

Land speeder x1 70
Melta
Flamer

Land speeder x1 70
Melta
Flamer
Good choices, nothing to change here in my opinion.

Bike squad x2 with sgt 120
2x meltas
sgt with multi melta
Um, do you mean combi-melta? The sergeant can't take a multi-melta, the only bikes that have access to those are attack bikes. I do agree with hippypancake though; consider getting them a multi-melta attack bike with some of those points.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Not a hell of a lot of advice actually, I think I suggested adding a total of eighty five points here; most of it was just me liking what you've got. (Stemming from the fact that I run much the same stuff, or would run the same layouts for units in this list.)

No joke, if I was asked to make a 1500 point list that included at least one predator, one land speeder, some tactical squads and scouts, and a dreadnought but no drop pods, then this would probably be a duplicate of the list I'd come up with. (Except for the tactical squads, I would run missile launchers in both myself.) Thats how much I agree with the choices in it, and thats how much I like it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
with those bikes you should have a easy time taking on tanks but the problem is that once they are dead and your playing mech company of leman russes you'll have a really big problem but against other things it seems a pretty solid list

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah. well the attack bike helped alot along with the reassurance because Ive never really tried any bikes before so it will be interesting

But yeah, thanks for taking the time to look everything over :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
no prob I like the idea of listing your lists before you go play can't wait to do it for next tourny I'm in maybe I can finally beat my friend for first

·
Registered
27 Posts
i'd dop auto cannon add TLL and throw on heavy side sponson (more chance to wound that way) take all snipes you can(auto wound on 4 up rend on 6) go for power fist and melta's (tank poppy for melta's and instant death on most hq's with fist)

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I would spend the extra points on the speeders to upgrade them to typhoons... that will let you have either a stay back and shoot or a block and melta option.

BTW - I think the second list is looking much more viable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts