·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to utilize whatever models I already have

LORDS:
Liche High Priest (175)

HEROES:
Tomb Prince +chariot +Ogre Blade +Enchanted Shield +Luckstone (205)

CORE:
10x Skele Archers +Musician (70)
3x Chariots +Banner +Musician (185)

SPECIAL:
Warsphinx +Bad Breath (230)

RARE:
Casket (135)

Prince rides with Chariots, LHP hides with Archers near the Casket to get magic buff and hopefully dominates magic phase. Casket softens up enemies, Warsphinx is anvil, Chariots with Prince is hammer. EDIT: Prince will shuffle his magic items if the enemy has a lot of fire.

What do you think?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Someone will get to advising you. Sadly, I cannot. I just don't want you to think your first post has been ignored!

If you're in need of advice quick, have a look at some of the other TK lists and see if there's anything you can learn there.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
On a slightly similar note: I can't really give TK advice but I do play 1k games a lot.

I've found that you usually want more models on the table over characters and command. For your list I would say drop the prince and banner and musician on the chariots in order to fit a second unit of 4 chariots. Having the additional models means you can keep fighting after taking casualties as well as potentially having another unit to play with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I managed to free quite a bit of points by dropping both characters and taking one Liche Priest instead. Now I have

Liche Priest (70) naked

10 Archers (60)
3 Chariots (165)
3 Chariots (165)

Warsphinx (210)
3 Necro Knights (195)

Casket (135)

Of course that LP is really vulnerable, but I hope between sphinx, 2 units of chariots and Necro Knights, I can have enemy on defensive.

Considering to replace Necro Knights with 3 Ushabti and spend the remaining 45 points on magic items.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I like that list a lot more, but you'll have to be incredibly careful of small fast units reaching your archers as they'll either tie them up in combat or possibly even kill the hierophant... this isn't something you can really solve and is a constant problem for TK. Adding a ward save might help him survive a bit but you really don't want him taking hits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, this is something to worry about. I'm going to have to hope Casket deals with fliers and the like before they can threaten anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts