Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time mamking an army list for Orks. Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions are appreciated:

1x Warboss - 110 pts
Mega Armor
Cybork Body

1x Mega Nobz (5) - 200 pts

4x Ork Boyz (30) - 230 pts
Big Shootas (3)
Nob
Power Klaw

2x Warbikers (6) - 185 pts
Nob
Power Klaw

3x Battlewagon - 125 pts
'Ard Case
Deff Rolla

The idea is that I fload the enemy with 120 Boyz charging at them. On the flanks I hit targets of opportunity with my bikers. The Warboss and his Mega nobz ride in one of the Battlewagons. The storyline for his Tribe parallels the Black Templars, so his job is to find the biggest, baddest Boy in the enemy's army and kill it. The Battlewagon's mission is to Tank Shock the enemy to cause damage and disrupt their forces so that they find it more difficult to present a united front against the main force of Boyz.

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
A formidable green horde without a doubt.

Points of note (IMHO), and to maintain the essentials of what you want:

? you have two unmanned BWs - why not put some boyz in there.

the low number of bikes will probably not be effective, now that the fearless rule has gone. ? up their numbers so they can harrass more effectively.

Not much (if any; Anti tank capability), at least exchange the mobz BS for RL, to give you something.

- To get more bikes, trade the 20 boyz that you would drop (to get them in the BWs, (IIRC)), and maybe more from the others. I have found mobz of 30 to be unweildy in the past.

Good luck
and
enjoy (guaranteed with Orks :mrgreen:)

Then try it out, keep it how you want to play.

But remember .... "Red Wunz go Fasta!!!"

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You didn't really specify what your boyz were equipped with. I recommend shoota boyz. They get more kills on the way in (and since they're foot slogging, they've got a lot of walking to do), they're less vulnerable to fish o' fury/dire avenger bladestorm with wave serpents, and in close combat they still generally overwhelm the opponent quite effectively. Against squads that will die to your charge the difference is 3 attacks/model to 4. Plenty to get the job done. Against harder squads your nob is gonna be doing most of the work anyhow.

I also highly recommend a warboss on a bike with a power klaw, attack squig and a cybork body. Only str 10 weapons can instant death him, and he's still got a 4+ cover save vs those or a 5+ invuln in cc. All that means is against tau or opponents with demolishers you may have to have him ride around with your warbikers. Otherwise, he's like a carnifex with 7 str 10 attacks on the charge, WS 5, and a 12"/24" move. That's guaranteed to mess some people up. It would also help your bikers with their Ld problems (if you dropped a squad of warbikers you could afford him).

But seriously, this bad boy can charge land raiders and bring em down fairly reliably. Your army also lacks anti-tank punch and he can fit the bill well, even against skimmers.

Throwing some guns on the battlewagons may be a good idea just so that they don't get immobilized on a weapon destroyed result. It would also give them something else to do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where do you plan on playing most often? Do you already have all these models? If not, my concern would be the difficulty of building 3 battle wagons and lugging them around to different games. If you play mainly at your own house or down the street I say go for it, as 3 'uge wagons are very cool and intimidating. However, if you travel often, you may want to avoid them. From someone who used to field 7 Raiders in a tournament DE army, it is a real bitch lugging a bunch of pointy and fragile vehicles around.

Otherwise, I really dig the list. You make up any fluff for it? Also I would add a few more bikes, as someone said in games this size they can die fast if in small groups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts