Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed the errata for the warbike dakkagun in the codex.

1. in the the army description it explains they are TL, but then shows the stats for the big shoota l(abelled as dakka gun).

2. In the army list section there's no mention of TL, but gives the stats for the dakkagun

are they TL?

I know it is probably a cut n paste error, but has anyone queried this (or other things) or come across any GW comment?

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do GW compile their FAQs now?

Dakkaguns are also listed as assault 2 ap 4 in the ork reference sheet instead of assault 3 ap 5. I realize that the codex takes priority, I just wanted to make sure.
Yes, I accept the reference sheet is correct, just whether they a TL.
I want to find a faq if I've missed it.

Searching, I have found the preparation for unofficial faq on Astro (IIRC), but would like a GW given.
Now the GW Forums have gone, how do they collate them?
Do we approach local GW who then pass them up ?
Or do they trawl these sites?

hhhhmmmm:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Warbiker nob

I noticed that the warbiker nob has only one wound when all other nobs in the book have 2, was this deliberate or a typo?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I noticed the errata for the warbike dakkagun in the codex.

1. in the the army description it explains they are TL, but then shows the stats for the big shoota l(abelled as dakka gun).

2. In the army list section there's no mention of TL, but gives the stats for the dakkagun

are they TL?

I know it is probably a cut n paste error, but has anyone queried this (or other things) or come across any GW comment?
Good luck on squeezing an eratta out of Games Workshop; it usually takes them 6 months to a year to eratta a codex. The current chaos codex has been out at least 6 months and it has yet to be eratta'd...

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
The stats given on page 46 under the warbiker entry take precedence over the summary sheet. They have half the range of a big shoota, but the same S, AP and number of shots.
They ARE twin-linked. The statline is for a normal dakkagun, but the warbike entry says that a warbike includes twin-linked dakkaguns.

As for the warbiker nob, it would appear that they only have 1 wound. As to whether or not that's intentional, that's not something anyone here can speak on.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
I've heard promises on updated FAQs for a year now and still nothing. It was stated a few months back that GW thinks it unfair to publish FAQs online where people who dont have an internet connection cant get to them and they dont want to put out paper copies as they are already loosing money on codices due to pirate copies as is. I have a feeling we will be lucky to see another FAQ period. Lets face it... the CRB has been out almost 4 years now and its gotten 1 update!? SM got updated twice.. once a half a year out and again 1 full year out. Most of the rest of the FAQs were only updated to clarify differences with 4th Edition. And maybe.. just maybe if I trash talk them that they will never put another FAQ out they will just to prove me wrong... :p

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
pffft, if they put a little money into editing and playtesting they wouldn't have to worry about this shit.

As for online updates being unfair...honestly who the hell hasn't got internet these days? If nothing else go to the library. You can afford three thousand points of eldar but not an ISP? Fuck it, put a laserjet in every GW store so staff can print up FAQs on demand if nothing else. Hardly costs anything. Chances are they already have the equipment in the store anyhow.

And I don't believe the BS about them losing money to codex piracy. Sure, people can steal a PDF for personal reference, maybe for friendly games, but good luck taking a printoff into a GW store or a tourney.

I think they;re just being lazy and don;t want to keep the promise JJ made when he took over. He promised us faster codex releases and faster/more complete support for current armies.

Chances are they're waiting til 5th so they can bundle general errata along with rule updates

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
pffft, if they put a little money into editing and playtesting they wouldn't have to worry about this shit.
Preaching to the choir on this one. They sure screwed this one up with typos and crap. A lot of this was discussed though whe the codex came out. They had 10 years to put out this piece of badly edited junk.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Still, editing aside, it came out to be a pretty badass list ;-)

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
I think they;re just being lazy and don;t want to keep the promise JJ made when he took over. He promised us faster codex releases and faster/more complete support for current armies.

Like I said.. maybe if I trash talk them enough they might do it just to prove me wrong... but yeah I agree with you here. I was just relaying what I heard as where "official reasons". I didnt say I believed them.

But also as you said... list wise the new codices are better than previous ones.. they just.. I just hate what they are doing with the fluff side of the house. I want the fluff from previous codices but the lists from the new codices.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I ran it through babefish, but half of it was still garbled and online translators are notoriously bad anyhow.

Can we get a German speaker to translate?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can we get a German speaker to translate?
I guess you can :) ...

Codex Orks (2008)
P.34 Kustom Force Field :
"Every unit with at least one model in 6" around the Mek with KFF recieves a cover save of 5+."

P.42
Tank Bustaz : The Special Rule "Tank Hunters" is not identical with the "Tank Hunter" common Special Rule in the Warhammer 40k Rulebook.To ensure that furth missunderstandings wont appear, the Tank Bustaz Special Rule will be called "Tank Killaz".

P.46 Waaaghbike, 2. sentence: His new unit type is Bike. Due to the Waaaghbike he receives an armour save of 4+ and a cover save of 4+ due to the exhaust clouds.
P.92 Boss Pole. Change the beginning of the last sentence to : "The unit suffers a wound …"
S.96 Mad Dok Grotsnik: The Special Rule "Da Big Dok" has to be changed to: "If Grotsnik is included in your army, any number of units may receive Cybork bodies for 5 Points/Model.
P.100

Orkboyz, Unit Charakters : The wording in the second column is incorrect. It has to be change in the following way :
The Nob may replaced his WHOLE weapons/wargear with ONE of the following:

* Big Choppa & Slugga ... +5 Points
* Powerclaw & Slugga ... +25 Points

P.97-100 Due to a mixing up of "Powerfist" and "Powerclaw"several entries in the army list have to be changed :

P.97 - Warboss/Bigmek - May purchase a "Powerclaw" for +25 Points.
P.98 - Nobz - May purchase a "Powerclaw" for +25 Points/Model.
P.99 - Tank Bustaz/Kommandoz - The Nob may purchase a "Powerclaw" for für +15 Points.
P.99 - Boyz - The Nob may purchase a "Powerclaw" for für +25 Points.
P.100 - Stormboyz/Waaaghhbikez - The Nob may purchase a "Powerclaw" for für +25 Points.
P.99 Stats on the Tank Bustaz :
Exchange under "Wargear" "Tank Bustaz" with "Rokkitz".
P.101 Waaghbikenob stats :
Waaghbikenobs have 2 wounds.
S.103 Big Guns entry; Runtherd:
The runtherd stats on this page are incorrect. Exchange it with the runtherd stats you can find on page 50 and 104.
S.104 Shooting Chart :
Dakkaguns are as labbeled on P. 46 in the Codex "Assault 3" and "AP 5"

Hope that clears things up.

Lemartes

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
A couple of these things look unique to the German printing (There was no PF/PK mixup in the English version, and Tankbustas have 'Glory Hogs' instead of tank killers as a rule), but there's still some really useful stuff in here.

Clarifying that exhaust cloud comes with the bike rather than being unique to the warbikers.
Clarifying that the summary table is WRONG on the dakkagun
Biker nobz DO have 2 wounds

And the KFF is better now, since only one model from a unit has to be within 6" of the mek, rather than the majority

Awesome.
I hope the English FAQ comes out soon

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
P.99 - Tank Bustaz/Kommandoz - The Nob may purchase a "Powerclaw" for für +15 Points.
I'm guessing this is only in Germany that Kommandoz can get PKs for 15pts.
Also Shoota Boy mobs can now have PK Nobs (Though I took them anyway:)).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts