·
Registered
630 Posts
Surely everyone has the rather naughty PDF by now?:shok:
:wink:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I aquired the new orc codex yesterday if anybody has any questions about it:grin:

Ok. What happens to the Ork in a Trukk if it is destroyed & scatters onto Impassable terrain/enemy/friendly models or off the table?

Can Zagstrukk FoF on the turn he lands?

Old Zogwort turns an IC into an angry squigg what VP has the ork player scored?
a) None - The IC is still alive, unwounded & on the table.
b) Half - The IC has only one wound.
c) Full VP - The model of the IC you purchased is not on the table at the end of the game & as such gives up full VP.

I'll post more as I think of them :picknose:

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Ok. What happens to the Ork in a Trukk if it is destroyed & scatters onto Impassable terrain/enemy/friendly models or off the table?
It stops 1" infront of enemy models and terrain. Friendly models and table edge though are both good questions. Off table I would call lost just the same as if you accidently deep striked off the table. Friendly models well.. personally I would make the friendly unit act as if it had just been tank shocked cause it practically has. I would say you should make house rules for both those situations.

I would say no. He may not shoot. Waaagh FoF is used instead of shooting and since he cant shoot no Waaagh FoF. He is allowed to assualt to represent him dropping into the middle of a fight. Again there is no clarification so House Rules would set your precedence again.

Old Zogwort turns an IC into an angry squigg what VP has the ork player scored?
a) None - The IC is still alive, unwounded & on the table.
b) Half - The IC has only one wound.
c) Full VP - The model of the IC you purchased is not on the table at the end of the game & as such gives up full VP.
I would say A. The character is still alive and un wounded. They clearly specify that it is still an Independant Character under the owners control so hes has not been wounded and he technically is still on the table. Again when in doubt just make a house rule. The point of the game is to have fun. If it becomes a major issue then just dice off.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For Zagstrukk to FoF on the turn he arrives, I am guessing that you mean "Can he use FoF if a Waaagh! is initiated." I would have to say yes because even though it says they can't shoot on the turn that they arrive, FoF isn't shooting, so I say go for it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Zagstruk cannot fleet of foot, if you read the waaagh rule correctly it does say Ork Infantry units, zagstruk is not infantry he is Jump infantry, also why stormboyz and Bikers cannot waaaagh either, i think this explains why waaaagh rule is in the description but not in the army list section, i believe it's there for completeness like the ogre hunter issue.

·
Banned
100 Posts
The trukk moves 3d6 and a scatter dice if you roll a hit you chose and must stay 1 inch from terrain or modeland every model suffers a strength three hit.
Zagstrukk can FoF on the turn he lands if the waagh is called but the unit he is with can't.
Old zogworts curse does not cause wounds but turns into a squig on a roll of a dice, it says nothing about VP. The squig is rubbish

·
Registered
598 Posts
ok, simple question:

what do you think of the new codex. is it better, worse?
tactics wise is it better?
like the new models..?

·
Registered
195 Posts
ok, simple question:

what do you think of the new codex. is it better, worse?
tactics wise is it better?
like the new models..?

imo, if you can get past the loss of choppers and compensate with plenty of other things, it's better.

it's definitely a lot easier, that's for sure.

Zagstrukk can FoF on the turn he lands if the waagh is called but the unit he is with can't.
as said before, zagstruk, and incidentally whilst we're on the subject wazdakka, cannot fleet of foot due to waaaagh as neither are infantry, they are jump and bike respectively.

·
Banned
280 Posts
For Zagstrukk to FoF on the turn he arrives, I am guessing that you mean "Can he use FoF if a Waaagh! is initiated." I would have to say yes because even though it says they can't shoot on the turn that they arrive, FoF isn't shooting, so I say go for it.
This is incorrect. Waaagh affects Infantry units, not Jump Infantry.

This means neither Zagstrukk nor his Boyz may ever Fleet.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
do choppas still make armour saves 4+ unless they would be worse?

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Nope.. Choppas are now just CCW... kinda like Berserkers loosing the khornate chainaxes. That whole rule for reducing saves now no longer applies to anything. I think that is a good thing.. never made sense to me why you can reduce terminator and power armor but not reduce flak and carapace armor.

·
Banned
100 Posts
imo, if you can get past the loss of choppers and compensate with plenty of other things, it's better.

it's definitely a lot easier, that's for sure.

as said before, zagstruk, and incidentally whilst we're on the subject wazdakka, cannot fleet of foot due to waaaagh as neither are infantry, they are jump and bike respectively.

Actully the two special charcters can FoF due to the waagghh rule i have the codex in front of me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes, I have one:

Is Green still best?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Nope.. Choppas are now just CCW... kinda like Berserkers loosing the khornate chainaxes. That whole rule for reducing saves now no longer applies to anything. I think that is a good thing.. never made sense to me why you can reduce terminator and power armor but not reduce flak and carapace armor.

Sweet!!!:biggrin::eek:k:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actully the two special charcters can FoF due to the waagghh rule i have the codex in front of me.
as said before i believe they have the waaagh rule for completeness, I also have the Ork codex in front of me and if you read the Waaaggh ruling properly it clearly states that "...For the duration of that turn, all friendly Ork infantry units have the 'fleet of foot' rule..." (emphasis mine).

as Zagstruk and Wazdakka are NOT infantry (jump and bike respectively) they therefor cannot waaagh.

i think the big confusion is gunna come from dakka cannons on bikes, the army entry says str 5 ap 5 assault 3, whereas in the summary sheet it says str 5 ap 4 assault 2.

·
Registered
163 Posts
im just a poor little noob so can you please tell me what this shokk attack gun is all about why is it so great what does it do and what did it used to do that made it so memorable?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts