Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we had a post on someone's opinion of the latest novellas, I would like to create a thread talking about old ones that are good as well.

Honestly, I'm in need of some inspiration... I just finished Unremembered Empire, and I am trying to decide what to read next. I am contemplating continuing on with the Horus Heresy, or to go off and take a break. I've been buying a bunch of random novellas and omnibus' lately, and would love some input on to what to read!

On that point, I would love to give some of my opinions for others as well, and would like to have a friendly debate on novellas in general. I have heard some people complain that they are too expensive for what you get. On one hand, I agree... I agree that a little over 200 pages for 20-28 US dollars for that does seem over priced. On the other hand, some of the books have some really amazing content, and for collectors like myself, the hardcovers look really nice on my bookshelf!

I do have one specific question though. What are your guy's thoughts on Son's of Titan. I have been contemplating getting it for some time now, and I really love the cover.... but it's 28.50 US dollars.... that's the most expensive novella I have seen... (This isn't on Black Library.com because I would get ripped buying ANYTHING from there, when local book stores or Amazon.com has it way cheaper.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man, am I that bad at English that no one understood me? Or is it that no one really cares about recommendations/debates. hah

Oh well... I tried... "A for effort", as you say.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have never read Sons of Titan so can't answer anything about it. But overall I've never really found novellas to be worth it.

For easily 3-4 times the price of a normal book or anthology I have repeatedly gotten disappointments; and looking back I don't know how I was dumb enough to fall for it more than two times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts