Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That Overlord looks like a conversion of the COmmand barge Overlord, cool, but don't think its new :( However, I will happily stand corrected

·
Registered
109 Posts
And those look to be 32mm bases as well.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Good ridiculous? Lol

Also theyre clearly showcasing this model, not sure theyd showcase a conversion
Well they do showcase conversions such as the DE Archon conversion. And i think it could be fairly easily done. Arm from normal lord w/ res orb, scythe from cairn wraith main body from barge overlord, however as a friend pointed out I hadn't noticed the larger bases and the detail at the base of the staff.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crap, theres a better photo somewhere of those warriors. It's a shot of the Necrons fighting with the BA against tyranids. It shows those weapons in a lot better detail.

Here it is:

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bonkers. I've been (casually) painting mine after the Thokt Dynasty, it would be cool if that meant something other than 'blue Necrons'.
Notice in the first photo I posted, the FOC shows 1 HQ and 3 troops as opposed to the usual 2 troops.

Full table of Wardlord Traits for each dynasty is rumored, and only two clampacks with the codex, no updated Warriors (I guess those are conversions).

I'm just regurgitating crap I'm reading on that cesspool Warseer, so don't put 100% stock in what I am repeating.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Notice in the first photo I posted, the FOC shows 1 HQ and 3 troops as opposed to the usual 2 troops.

Full table of Wardlord Traits for each dynasty is rumored, and only two clampacks with the codex, no updated Warriors (I guess those are conversions).

I'm just regurgitating crap I'm reading on that cesspool Warseer, so don't put 100% stock in what I am repeating.
What we are seeing in the first image of this thread is a leak from the Shield of Baal Expansion, so this could very well be a good sign about varying dynasties.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
FROM BOLS:

Codex Necrons:

Schedule
Crammed into the GW schedule right before the new year.
Pre-orders Dec. 19th
Street date: Dec 26th
(Previous chatter from last month says first week of January)

Models
Little to no new models (a la Grey Knights)
(scattered chatter says perhaps 1 character clampack and 1 Destroyer/DestroyerLord plastic kit)

Rules
Look for Nerfs to the following:

Doom Scythes
Night Scythes

Tesla will get an overhaul to their rules.
Deathray will receive a big overhaul to how it targets models.

Characters remain fundamentally unchanged.
The Stormlord will recieve a Necron themed orbital bombardment of some type once per game.

Warlord Traits are good with some granting individual units USRs, while another listed granted an improved version of Reanimation Protocols

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I cannot find the picture to share, but one of my FB groups has decided that the Necrons guns in the picture is a conversion?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts