Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I would like a few new units to be introduced, as I'm a believer in this Necron phase 1, 2 and 3, and if Necrons are now waking up to phase 2 then we should be seeing a few more nasty units.

HQ choices? I'd like too see the 3 Harbringers available maybe (Awakening, Night and Storm)

Also I would like to see the Herald of Dismay?

Troops wise, I know we have only one option, but I can't really think of anything else that would fit in with a Necron army and be troop choice? Maybe just make them a little bit cheaper points wise.

Elites, I love the immortals they would have to stay, Pariahs need changing so that they are actually worth taking.

I would also like to see another Heavy Support option, maybe some sort of unmanned skimmer that resembles a Destroyer body but with a huge Gaus weapon on it.

That is my 2 cents anyway, what would you guys like?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
The HQs will have to be leaders, so there might be an Immortal HQ option, but otherwise it will be even more customisable Lords.

Troops need to be improved, and Immortals and Flayed Ones would be good Troops. Tyranid Warriors because Troops in their new codex, so this isn't without precedent. If the Immortals are done in plastic then this would be super cool.

New creatures can be revealed and be Elites, along with modified Pariahs. Pariahs should be seriously improved and the 0-1 limit removed.

There will be more vehicles, you can't have an entire machine race with more Monstrous Creatures in it than vehicles (like now).

Whatever changes there are they are going to need to be seriously cool, high mobility, super at shooting, and better in CC.

·
Registered
488 Posts
More walky, less floaty. More of the impending slow encroaching mechanical doom of unstoppable robotic gauss power. Super Heavy weapons could be a new weapon class for Necrons, a Heavy/Ordnance weapon that can ONLY be used when the vehicle has not moved, to further embolden their slow heavy hitting nature.
And the new models could use a bit more surface on them. Right now, skeletons with ribs and skulls don't leave you with much painting freedom.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Necrons are NOT slow though, only the computer game portrayed them as slow. In the the table top game Necrons are one of the fastest and most mobile armies. Monoliths move slowly but only so to balance their massive armour bonus from Living Metal - they would be seriously over powered if they were fast skimmers.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with both of you, I wouldn't mind seeing something like a FW Necron Pylon, but obviously on a smaller scale, maybe something with as much punch as a railgun.

Or a smaller version of the tomb stalker, like a Defiler scale?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Necrons are NOT slow though, only the computer game portrayed them as slow. In the the table top game Necrons are one of the fastest and most mobile armies. Monoliths move slowly but only so to balance their massive armour bonus from Living Metal - they would be seriously over powered if they were fast skimmers.
I know this, but the fluff always described them as kind of slow and ponderous. That's one thing DoW: DC did really right and fluffy.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I would like to see some kind of mega tomb spyder. With a movement of scarabs for troops choices could implement a rule that scarabs can capture objectives if mega tomb spyder is taken. Even though they would not normally since they are swarms.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like a lot of the options said in previous posts, but I'll re-post them here as 1 complete list of things I would personally like to see done.

Lords - Make them most customizable and have the option of wraith body, or maybe even some kind of tomb sypder option where the toughness is +2 and then can make scarabs as counting troop choice

Pariahs - Either lower the points or increase their stat line with FNP

Immortals - Keep them the way they are

Flayed ones - Make them a troop choice

Add a new kind of Elite squad - something CC based but slightly better then flayed ones. Make them similar but have rending or something.

Warriors - Keep the same

Wraiths - Keep the same

Destroyers - Keep the same

Scarab Swarms - Make a troop choice that can't hold objectives unless Tomb Sypder Lord type thing

New Fast Unit - Some kind of open-topped skimmer that can hold 5-10 units. Armor 12 around with living metal or something.

Mono - Keep the same

Heavy D - Keep the same

Tomb Sypder - Keep the same

New Heavy - Add a new skimmer that is 13 armor all around with Living metal, and give it like 3-4 heavy gauss cannons, similar to a predator in nature just a bunch of big guns.

That would keep the army pretty much the same in terms of existing units, and just add that little bit more customization to army lists. Just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Heavy - Add a new skimmer that is 13 armor all around with Living metal, and give it like 3-4 heavy gauss cannons, similar to a predator in nature just a bunch of big guns.

more customization
^ tops:eek:k:

I wouldn't mind a lumbering behemoth rule like the LRMBT gets in IG.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Void Dragon is the most powerful C'tan though so I can't see that happening, maybe Apoc? But even then his background makes him sound way to powerful for that, if Necrons got him then CSM would have a case for primarchs haha.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Void Dragon is the most powerful C'tan though so I can't see that happening, maybe Apoc? But even then his background makes him sound way to powerful for that, if Necrons got him then CSM would have a case for primarchs haha.
Well im not fulyl sure about that, the Void Dragon is capable of controlling machines/technology from a large distance away, and fluff wouldnt really allow him to take part in a battle seeing as he's still on Mars, and if so, he would be far too powerful, so i suppose they could come up with somthing like, a tombworld creates a empty C'tan shell that he can controll remotely from Mars with a fraction of his true power, might make for a reasonable excuse.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Rather then having the true C'tan's... do like the eldar... have it...

Avatar of _______ (Void Dragon, Deciever, etc.)

And have there god abilities just slightly reduced since it is only an Avatar of said god, and not the real one. That is really the only reasonable method to still be able to use the C'tans and not have them too over powered because they are gods or have them too weak and not true representations of them from the fluff.

Have it so you can use the 'Avatars' in regular games, and then make the real C'tan's apoc only units and really buff them up so they are like a Titan.

C'tan problem solved.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But Eldar have the Avatars because its said that Khaine took a wound from the Nightbringer (I think?) and smashed into thousands of pieces and scattered around the galaxy, each one becoming an avatar at an autarch's sacrifice?

Where as the C'tan are very much still alive.

If they offer us more HQ options, something that can cope been in CC with the big guns, maybe a Lord with a wraith or Immortal body, and maybe another choice, then I would be happy without C'tan.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well im not fulyl sure about that, the Void Dragon is capable of controlling machines/technology from a large distance away, and fluff wouldnt really allow him to take part in a battle seeing as he's still on Mars, and if so, he would be far too powerful, so i suppose they could come up with somthing like, a tombworld creates a empty C'tan shell that he can controll remotely from Mars with a fraction of his true power, might make for a reasonable excuse.
Or maybe, in the new Dex he awakens but isn't up to full power after so many years of stasis, which would make him weaker?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
The Eldar have Avatars because they are nutters that refuse to acknowledge that they worship the Chaos Gods. Necrons are very different from that, the C'tan are real and at large in the galaxy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Necrons definitely need more troop choices, allowing Flayed ones as a troop choice would be good. This may be stupid, but I like the idea that some of the the more unwilling Necrontyr were transformed into lesser Necrons, such as four-legged ones or that they are now living guns.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
The 'less willing' are the basic Warriors, the devout C'tan worshippers are the Immortals, and the high priests and tech wizards are the Lords.
I almost like the Geth model for an AI race - software consciousnesses that are uploaded to hardware platforms as required. Necrons are algorithms so there is no need for them to be tied to a single structure, or limited to a single occupant per frame.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Doubtless though is the fact that GW will draw inspiration (I have heard rumors of a codex/unit update for holiday season this year) from the recentish Terminator movie. With a rule named "We'll be back" how could Necrons be anything but terminators?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts