Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member in question is of course me, and the army is the Immortal Vanguard Chapter.
Colour scheme:

If the scheme doesn't work, I'll have to redux it later...
Main devergences form Codex Astartes:
  • Chaplains replaced by Librarians
  • More scouts than orthodox, and even some in 1st Co.
  • Live 'Dreadnoughts', and many standard Dreads.
  • Melta and Bolt weapons are much more common.
Reasons:
  • Schism between Chappy & Libby, Libby's win and take both roles.
  • Chapter often blown down, so filling ranks quickly means taking more scouts.
  • Finding Dreadnoughts more reliable and (of course) more common stymies tank construction resources.
  • One of home systems was a Tomb world and they were the most effective weapons avaliable. Took a liking.
Of notable mention is the Company. This is roughly the size of 2.7 normal companies, and is led by a Librarian rather than Force commanders, who serve as his Lieutenants. The Company is made up of soldiers who essentially should not be alive. The Librarian himself is named Emir, titled 'the Revenant' as he is only alive because he psychokinetically forces his hearts to beat and lungs to breathe etc. Actually... he's a special character in the army as I play as the 'Dead Company' of the Chapter mainly. If allowed, I use him as the following:
EMIR THE REVENANT 215pts
WS5 BS5 S6 T4 W3 I6 A4 Ld10 Sv3+
Wargear: Storm Bolter, Blades of Vice & Ire, Frags & Kraks, Meltabombs
Power armour, Shroud Morbid, Psychic hood, Jump pack.
Special rules:
Independant Character
Honour of the Chapter
Feel no Pain
Psyker
Psychic powers: Fury of the Ancients, Borrowed time
Blades of Vice & Ire: Relic weapons awarded to Emir when he returned from the world Ta'Shaia, in recognition of his saving 193 Battle-brothers - that would have otherwise died without chance of recovery - from that planet. They count as Master-crafted Force weapons that may be used once more than normal per turn.
Borrowed Time: Though Emir is powerful in mind & body, the way he sustains his own life makes him a constant beacon to the denizens of the warp. Whenever Emir takes a wound for ANY reason, he rolls a Ld test. If he fail this test he suffers an immediate 'Perils of the Warp' attack.
Feel no Pain: Emir is constantly forcing his body to stay alive through , and as such even the most mortal of wounds are only met with callous contempt by Emir. He has the universal special rule Feel no pain.
Honour of the Chapter: Emir, as a Librarian of the Immortal Vanguard, is a leader of the Chapter's faith. He, and any squad he is a part of at any time, are Fearless.
Shroud Morbid: This is a psychically protective cloak with a light yet hyper-dense thread that is black as the tomb. Shroud Morbids are given to Librarians of the Immortal Vanguard that have faced and not left this plane. It confers a 4+ Invulnerable save.

Otherwise he's just 195pts or 175pts, depending on Codex. Yes, I have my own Codex for local games. :p

More later.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Seems fairly balanced. The backstory is also fairly good for defining your choices. Overall good job

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Despite the crudness shhI'MaSPY! is correct your link is unfortuantly broken.

The background and stuff seems good however. Nice work

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I like the fluf you've put behind the wargear but how did he get to S6??

·
Registered
517 Posts
Not much more to add here than the fact that it all sounds sweet. too bed with the link, though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, thanks.
S6 is from his mental control.
Emir has feel no pain, so it's naturally assumed that he can push his body beyond its normal limits. Even for a Space Marine this can be dangerous, so the sheer psychic energy he has, coupled with the Vicious scimitar/Nemesis glaive force weapon pair, he has a withering strength.

Also, this is the general Immortal Vanguard Librarian, for the interested:
WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W2 I5 A3 Ld10 Sv3+ 120pts
Wargear: Bolt pistol, Force weapon, Frags & Kraks, Psychic hood, Power armour.
OPTIONS: May replace Bolt pistol with Plas pistol for 15pts or Meltapistol for 20pts
May take a Storm Bolter for 5pts or Powerfist for 25pts
May replace Psychic hood with Shroud Morbid for free, or take both for +25pts
May take Meltabombs
May take a Jump pack or Bike
Psychic powers - given 2 of: Fury of the ancients, Veil of time, The Shrouding.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shroud Morbids are pitch black cloaks that cover the head and body of the Librarian. Nothing can be seen under it and the garment often also wraps around their face. The cloak itself is very dense and almost unbreakable, not to mention offering partial psychic protection for the wearer.
Shroud Morbids are given to Librarians of the Chapter who have proven themselves as unshakable and resolute, and who have also suffered horrific wounds that should have killed them but survived (sitting down with only 1 lung and no windpipe, for instance) or just live in the fray and don' come out until dragged out or there is no more fray to be in. In game terms it gives the wearer a 4+ Invulnerable save.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts