Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts

The new Mechadrome Kickstarter is live now!

In this new revised campaign we will be focusing on getting the game up and running with a full color rulebook, and starting out with 28mm scale Terran mechs. Here is the URL for the campaign page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gangfightgames/mechadrome

Head on over to learn more about the game and see what we're offering, and pledge your support! You can also visit our website at Mechadrome.com to for more info and to download the free playtest rules.

Thanks for checking us out!

(Sorry if this post was redundant, I saw the post for the original campaign was still active, but I figured it would be better to make an all new post for this new campaign.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The campaign has been funded! :)

Next stretch goal will be $7000, and will unlock 3 new poses for the Terran Light Mechs. Since there are 4 light mechs per team, this will give each mech their own unique pose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's today's weekly update! I'm going to plan to do an update every Monday going forward, now and after the camapign, with everything that's been happening lately.

We've had quite the week here being funded so quick and lots of things in development. This coming week should be pretty productive too! Tomorrow I'm expecting the medium mech samples to show up. I'm going to build them right away and get some photos so we'll finally have real-world comparison shots of the 2 different Terran models. Then I'll dive into painting and I should have the terran mediums painted up this weekend, with Team Bushido a few days later. I probably won't have enough sample pieces for bodies for every mech, so I'm going to magnetize the arms and use the same bodies for each photo for now.

Jonathan Peace just finished writing the bios for each pilot, so I will be posting that soon. I want to get the models painted first and then I'll do an update with all of the bios and photos I have. I'm also going to hold off on posting the pilot card PDFs till I get the new models painted up. Don't want to just update the PDF a week later and make people feel like they have to print them twice.

I mentioned before that I ordered up prints of the other 3 light mech poses and the hazards that were going to be for the next 2 stretch goals. I decided I may as well just get the molds and everything all done anyway since I'm getting the prints done. So, when I have a chance to update the menus later I'm going to be removing the goals for the alt poses and hazards. The $10k goal for free hazard models will stay though. So the Arena Hazards will be add-on items, $10 each for a pair of hazards or objective markers, and then the first stretch goal will be the $10k free hazards goal. Unfortunately I just can't afford to lower that goal as much as I'd like to.

So that's it for now. I'll have those sample model pics of the medium mech tomorrow night :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Medium Mech samples showed up today, and here are the photos as promised! These are metal master samples, and were pretty heavy and tough to work with, but I managed to file down the very few spots of flash. I attached the arms with poster putty and they were too heavy and kept falling off. I'll glue them on when I paint them. Of course none of that matters since the final models will be resin and very light and easy to work with!

So, from left to right, we have Buzzkill, Disorder, Makuzo and Tusragowa.. and the obligatory space marine for size comparison. Over on the campaign page I have some close up shots and rear views, check em out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gangfightgames/mechadrome/posts/873121

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The prints for the arena hazards and alt light mech poses have arrived, and here they are! Sorry if the details are tough to see, the material was transparent this time, so it doesn't all show up as well as the blue color the other prints had. I stuck the medium mech bodies in there just for scale.

Some backers have been asking for photos of the weapon pieces, so here they are! We have the light weapons followed by the mediums. The mediums have less pieces overall since most weapons are just the forearm while the light mechs have whole left & right arms.

From left to right we have Railguns, Chainguns, Blasters & Plasmaguns. Then Jackhammers, Crusherfists, Siege Drills & Buzzsaws. On the bottom there's booster jets, shoulder armor plates and a missile pod.

Here we have Left & Right Chainguns, a Plasmagun and Railgun (for either arm). Next is the Jackhammer, Left & Right Crusherfists, Wrecking Ball and Siege Drill. On the bottom there's a Blaster turret, booster jets and missile pod.

That's all for now. I'm going to start painting up the first medium mech sample now and should have him done in a few days. We're about halfway through the campaign now and things are going well :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to be posting individual pilot bios along with a sample of their pilot card art, one each day or so. At first I was going to do one large update with each team, but I thought 1 pilot a day would be more fun :) So, here we go!

Buzzkill's famous career began in the dark period when Mechadrome was more violent than the wars it was designed to replace. Discovered in one of the many thousands of scrap-settlements, foraging off discarded military hardware and selling what she found for food, Buzzkill was quickly signed by the Terran talent scout Hamazdian Cole. Impressed by her natural tactical presence of mind that allowed her to evade capture for several days, Cole immediately started her on a rough regime of Mech combat drills, arena awareness and team tactics.

Kitted out with both close and ranged weaponry, Buzzkill delights in distract and hold tactics, keeping opponents either hunkered down under a deluge of missile strikes while other team mates flank them, or grappling up close with her buzzsaw, before falling back for more powerfully armed Mechs to finish them off.

Raking the ground with blaster fire, Tsuragowa roars from the sky riding twin contrails of booster jet flame right into the heart of the opposing team. Landing amongst them, shrouded by the dirt and debris kicked up by his weapons fire, ‘Rag grabs hold of the nearest enemy Mech, gripping tight and laying in with some close quarters fire. If he can, he uses his boosters to keep them off-balance, jinking one way then the next, long enough for their systems to start to power down due to overload. And then he’s off to the next engagement, just another prime example of Team Bushido’s infamous hit/run tactics.

Havoc joined the Titan's mid season '16, replacing StrikeZone who fell to a vicious Jackhammer and siege drill assault by Bushido members Makuzo and Kessen. Taken from the training pool of would be Titans, Havoc quickly became known for using his missile pod as a distraction and then nimbly shifting positions to spray the area with twin chainguns.

And he's no shrinking violet either. Despite receiving warnings from Titans management, Havoc can always be found on a vid-cast both before and after a match, holding interviews and flirting with the audience. He's also the only Titan to actively encourage sponsorship - his Mech is often decorated with advertising holoscreens or simple posters - yet another thorn in Titan owners sides. But the crowd love him, and pay to see him and so, for now, he stays.

(Final card will have a model photo when it's done :) )

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
@Khorne's Fist: I think that's why I like them. Reminds me of old school battletech. On the other hand, I don't think in this day and age, anything is a limited sculpt. Anything can make a decent base sculpt to build off of if your up to the conversion challenge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep that's kind of the point :) There will be a wide variety of different mechs in time. These first ones are from the Terran (human) race and are purposely meant to look similar to Battletech and other similar styles. Other races will have completely different styles like masses of tentacles for legs and a bajillion lens-eyes, or martian tripods, or gundam style anime looking mechs, or junky space pirates.

So for now I can just afford to get these first few Mechs done, and after the campaign is over we'll be able to start working on some new sculpts for other races and unique solo free agents too, but I gotta start somewhere :)

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
If that's what you're into, fair play to you. But just because Battletech have chosen not to modernise their sculpts in the decades since the game came out is no reason to copy them. I can remember a time when Battletech was everywhere. Then other companies brought out much better minis in other systems and Battletech vanished in the space of a few months.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for supporting the guy with the balls to give something like this a go, more power to you, and I really hope it works out for you. But these minis don't make me want to spend the little I can throw at a KS.

Again, good luck with it all. :good:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The baby of the team, Kodachi has still to prove himself in the arenas. Taking over the coveted spot from Jakumota “The Flying Devil” Cannut following their violent retirement when his Mech imploded thanks to a faulty experimental grenade. In the six games Kodachi has taken part, his performance has been “variable” as Team Ace Yari commented in the post match interview with Station 27.

“He’s young but needs to learn respect for those that came before him. He has 2 attributed kills but they were lucky, almost fluke take-downs. And he doesn’t stick to the match plans, plans we have spent years perfecting. But he is eager and I too remember those first days. He will learn. He will grow. Or he will die.”

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

There is no separation of this psychotic pair of aeronautical experts. In their former lives they were cargo-pilots for Sienko Industries, flying freighter ships between the planets of the Galactic Council. Some held supplies - food, medical and much needed tech - while others were nameless containers and sealed orders. A destination and a timelog were all they were given, but the financial rewards they received for these type of assignments more than made up for the hazardous conditions they flew in.

However their luck ran out when transporting a sealed container to the Mankali Research Planetoid. A sudden meteor shower tore through their guidance systems forcing them away from their destination to the nearer moon of Salin IV. A pleasure colony for the super rich, the moon was a resort that catered to every desire. With engines on fire and bleeding atmosphere, the duo somehow managed to pilot the freighter away from the habited zone, crashing into the surface and spilling the contents across a vast area of dense forest. In horror, the two discovered their cargo was not medical instruments or supplies but instead twenty-seven humans infected with bionic-tech.

What happened next became known on Tri-Vids across the Galactic Council worlds as the “Massacre Of Salin IV”. Thunderstrike and Lightfoot became wanted men and had to flee into the shadows, pursued by agents of the Council. MechaDrome became their new home and the anonymity their Mechs provide, a new uniform. Kitted out with booster jets, the pair swoop around the arenas, letting loose a torrent of destruction from above, earning their crowd pleasing tactic the nickname: “Death from the skies”.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

The Mechadrome Kickstarter Campaign will be ending tonight, July 1 at 10:00 PM EDT. Thanks to our awesome backers we are funded and can't wait to start making our Mechs! If you would like to join in, now is the time!

Our Light and Medium Terran Mechs are funded, and in our casting company's production queue. We are promising delivery in December, but we expect that to be much sooner, hopefully late October or early November. The retail release probably won't be until some time in 2015, so if you want to get the models ahead of time, and discounted prices, you'll have to join the Kickstarter before it's too late!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gangfightgames/mechadrome

Thanks again to everyone for all your help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts