Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Yea I wanted a change but then found out that every time I posted I kept on wondering where I had gone so its back to the good old Space Clown.

·
Registered
999 Posts
From what I've seen they are redoingVeteran Sgt.s and other Misc models for apocalypse. I doubt it's teh entire range though. Wraithlord should know if anyone does.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
they aren't redoing loyalist marine plastics. Theyre doing a new metal vet set and a new metal 'chapter command' set, with the lesser known members, commander of the fleet etc.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
torealis said:
they aren't redoing loyalist marine plastics. Theyre doing a new metal vet set and a new metal 'chapter command' set, with the lesser known members, commander of the fleet etc.
Thats going to be interesting both from a gaming pov and a modelling one. One thing though isn't the Master of the Fleet a Company Captain most of the time?

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Jacobite said:
Heres a novel idea GW how about you release something other than a man wearing a tin can for a change?
*teenage girl voice*

It's CERAMITE, duuuuh!

*end voice*

lolz. As a Marine player, I love the new minis, but I understand the frustrations of the Dark Eldar players, whose models are still in old boxes and are 80% lead and Chinese Wheat Gluten...like my Orks. But now that the greenies are getting a revamp, all my armies will have been upgraded! YAY!

-Dirge

·
Registered
51 Posts
I reckon that they should just put the prices down. Everythings a rip off. The annoying thing is they can do it because there's no competition :evil: :(

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
They ship all this stuff from Citadel in the UK, remember. Also, GW knows nobody else sells this stuff, so they have a captive audience.

A rich captive audience. What this means is the game will eventually get too expensive, and everyone will stop buying. At this point, Space Marine boxes will be 5$, and everyone will return.

-Dirge

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Scarecrow said:
I reckon that they should just put the prices down. Everythings a rip off. The annoying thing is they can do it because there's no competition :evil: :(
Warmachine and Star Ship Troopers are both giving GW a run for it's money. Just depends on where in the world you are. Plenty of people in the States are giving up 40k because it's getting geared for the kiddies and picking up Warmachine.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I got more intel on this.

Every four years they release a new edition and Rulebook. 4 years ago, the rulebook came out. Then Came Macragge. Followed by Mines of Moria. Then Skull pass came running up. Beginning of this following year, they are gonna give us a new rulebook. Well something else should come with that, right? What does 40k mean to all the new people? MARINES!

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
HOW AWESOME IS THAT?
not very awesome at all, GW is already marines marines marines.....SCREW MARINES, GIVE ME AN ARMY WORTH COLLECTING!!!!:angry:

God GW really know how to P people off, oh well, once my Elves are done and orks are done, GW will probably never see another penny of my money, especially if the price rise rumors are true

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Yesh. More toys for my mighty forces to smite thine enemies with.

Like the Holy Orbs.

Er. Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. (God, I love the DA Codex!)

-Dirge

·
Registered
150 Posts
the new chaos models are really cool but I don't think they are going to redo the space marine modles because they just redid them not that long ago the only modle that I here has changed is the Vindicator

·
Registered
143 Posts
From the troll I know at Lenton, the Marine Codex Redux is next year (by/during summer) along with a Thawk in plastic. Necs are also being done though I don't know pub date. There are also rumors that a 5th ed of the rule is coming, though that is unsubstantiated by other sources

·
Registered
71 Posts
C'moooooooonnn, EVERY ONE LLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEESSSSSSSSS MARINES!!!!!! Right?
If not than YOU SHALL BE CRUSHED BY THE EMPORERS FINEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

21 - 40 of 58 Posts