Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinkning over the past couple of days about starting a jungle/aztec style chaos space marines army. I usualy have wild fantasys and ideas flow through my mind while at work (being a butch and working with sharp implaments day dreaming isnt exactly the best thing but it keeps me going)
Usualy these fleeting fancies never last more than till the end of the work day but i cant seem to shake the idea of these fellas out my head.
I have avery clear image of them stalking half armored through a dence, daemon, monster infested jungle. Crude looking bronzed and bone weapons held loose in their hands. The massive lumbering monsters driven mad and made thrall by the dark work of chaos carrying troops or huge weaponry.

Im still working on the fluff at the moment so i dont know who they are, where they came from and why theyr ended up on a god forsaken hell hole of a jungle planet that would made catachan look like a holiday resort. All i know is that i dont want them conected to the rainbow warriors in any way.

Their deity im not sure is fluff friendly. The bastard son of the lord of pleasure and the daughter of khrone (forbiden love and all that). Khrone driven mad (even more so) kills his daughter and attempts to destroy the child. Slanesh hides the child in the mortal realm but not for some parental protection but for nothing more than to piss of khrone.

Im going to use extensive use of the lizardmen sprues and the likes of the stegadon and other large creatures as rhinos/vindicaitors/razorbacks. Even the cold ones as mounted marines.

It will probably turn out to be a small point khrone army. Small because its probably gonna cost a bloody fortune and khrone because i think it'll suit them down to the ground.

Afew questions.
What do you guys think?
What would you think if you saw an army like this in your local gamesworshop?
How would you go around converting lizardmen heads to look like marine helmets?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
good concept.

you could do a lot of Chosen.

you could also do termicide to represent pouncing or swooping attacks (thing jaguars here).

i would also use Raptors for the same reason and lots of flamers.

don't know about conversion work, i don't mes with Lizard Men models.

·
Registered
941 Posts
an easy conversion would be the lizard men aztec-ish throne dude, and the greater daeomn of nurgle on throne, put the deamon on the throne!:victory:

·
Registered
131 Posts
could use loads of the icons etc from the lizardmen... also some decorative flora in the form of jungle fighter extras.( plants and stuff)

bikers would make excellent cold one rider marines???

could also use tyranid gargoyle wings for the raptors / winged creature. (often overlooked bitz)

great idea tho!

·
Registered
941 Posts
you could also use the heads of the imperial guard jungle fighters!:biggrin:

·
Registered
477 Posts
You could have a Counts as HQ character called Sheer-Kharn the Betrayer!! (Lets see who is quickest..)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well that was a khorney joke there hesky.

Figured i should try and post something useful.

ERM LETS SEE. I'd say no flamers, because fire and jungles aren't so friendly. Aztecs are all about like, seeing the future and believe in magic and curses ect.

So i'd say, don't think nurgle, because nurgle is green, simple link to make. Think Tzeentch worshippers, like really old chaos marines, really primitive, lack of tanks, as tanks don't go in the jungle too well. So i'm thinking Thousand Son's painted all aztecy, dark blues and purples and stoney grey.

They could worship daemons -> daemon princes, greater daemons to be summoned.

Dunno, just a few lame ideas to dwell in your fluffy minds.

The morale of the story is think Tzeentch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts