The Wraithlord· Porn King!!!
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, I didnt place this under the 600 post thread because honestly its gotten to long for any normal person to read. This has tons of good info and I think people will be very happy with this.
I just got talking to my long time friend a game developer in the studio about the rumors of the Codex Space Marine Redux. He is very reliable and has no reason to lie to me. I thought I would post a few points of our discussion below.
1) Codex Space Marine is low priority and won’t be coming out for at least 2 years or more if it comes. Currently they are the biggest seller and don’t think it needs too much attention such as other ones. Tons of focus is being put on the upcoming Orcs they really want to get it right.
2) The way terminator squads work will not be changing at all. Also the number of heavy weapons they can take will be 2 as it always has been. They changed this in the DA codex only because of the flexibility of mixing assault/normal terminator squads and give the Death Wing a distinct feel.
3) Lascannons will not be going up in price such as in the DA codex. The reason this was done is because they really wanted to make people use Plasma Cannons in DA army to help give it a distinct look.
4) Rhinos/Razorbacks will be dropping in price. With the current 4th edition rules they realize now that they are a tad overpriced and underused currently. (P.S. expect to see a decrease in all track transports, i.e. IG, chaos)
5) Assault cannons will not be changed in function but about a 5point increase across the board will be placed upon them. They currently feel they are not overpowered but need a slight point increase. (Side note here I asked him about starcannons and he said that a 36" AP2 weapon with 3 shots was just too good because no other army has that many plasma shots for weapons so it was changed to 2. Also the range of the 24" assault cannon helps keeps it in control and that it can’t be placed in many units helps control it.) (Thank God)!!!
6) Scouts in Codex Space marine will remain troop. This was once again changed to help change the feel of the DA codex and make it more unique.
7) Tactical squads will be changing but not how people think. Combat squads will not be done the same way in the new codex as the DA codex. He would not give me too much info on this but he said it will only give more options to people. (After bugging him about this for a long time I think that they plan on making Krak/Frag Grenades and possibly pistols free if you buy 10 man squads to promote larger squads). He did assure me though those SM tac squads will only get better because currently they need some tweaking. (I took away from the conversation that you will get a “bonus” if you take 10 man squads such as free wargear)
8) Vehicles will be getting a tad cheaper and no worries Dreadnaughts will not be going up in price. In codex DA they didnt want assault cannons used but instead the more fluffy Plasma Cannons (They plan on selling plastic plasma cannon and need to make it more attractive to sell).
9) The armory will not be going away they want the flexibility to remain.
10) Powerfists will go up a few points in squads but not much and other things such as LCs will become slightly cheaper for single wound models. (They feel that it’s become the only option people take now)
11) They plan on adding some new traits and expanding this somewhat. Also the disadvantages will be changed some and he said that We stand alone is as good as gone ha-ha!
12) Drop Pods will be going up in price but losing the immobilized issue. Expect a 25% increase in cost. (also a plastic DP is coming)
13) Basically he finished up by saying they don’t plan on doing a major overhaul on the codex and to "nerf" the codex mostly they want to expand some options such as traits to help promote do it yourself chapters because it has helped people "buy" more stuff in order to create more original armies. He did stress also to me that people should not read to much into what has changed in just the DA codex it was done to give the army an more unique flavor the same as you cant expect to see the changed from the BT codex.