Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always like the idea of a new human race in the 40k universe that followed a god other than the emperor. I think it would be possible for two simple reasons. First the Great Crusade did not encompass the entire galaxy. Second the humans from the DAT did traverse and settle the entire galaxy. I like to think of them as religious outcasts like the pilgrims, leaving their home and traveling to the furthest reaches of the galaxy to escape persecution...people that have never heard of the Emperor.

Since we know that the two missing Primarchs are presumably still alive as mentioned by dorn and malcador it is also entirely possible that they could be part of these unknown "Empires". If the Emperor did not kill them he had to have banished them. He could only banish them outside of his Empire. It is safe to say that the Emperors Imperium truely stretches only as far as the Astronomican shines. If you cannot trade and communicate with Terra I believe you are not part of the "Imperial Structure". For example, although the Ultramarines are fighting in the name of the Emperor they are actually fighting for themselves because there is no help available from the Imperium. Furthermore the Astronomican is becoming weaker thus making the Imperium even smaller.

It would be a nice fu to chaos and cypher and the illuminati and the starchild theorists if the Emperors prodigal sons returned home and finished Horaces job...Im just sayin...anyone....anyone....anyone.....hello...hello...man its dark in here

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like it.

Makes sense if the Emp was cruisin' around looking for his sons, and finds one of the 2 we don't know about. This primarch has risen to the head of the planet as Primarchs usually do, and is basically the center of the whole world. This guy has a harem of the hottest girls and all the drugs and food one could want.

Then some crusty old Emperor comes along and wants him to go fight aliens and such in the darkest reaches of the galaxy.

Screw that!

Rather than killing a disgraced son, The emp just banishes the planet from imperial contact.

I can't remember which book it was, but one of the Horus Heresy ones has a guy walking around in a dream and he sees the statues of the Primarchs, and the Two unknowns have black cloths covering them. I don't remember if it said they were dead or just dishonored.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Heresy! Heresy! There are no other "humans", there are only followers of the true Emperor, and heretics...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im saying that they fought, messed up, then were banished outside the Imperium...where they find other people

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Why would they be banished from the Imperium? An mass execution would be the solution...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats a good question D? what would a primarch have to do in order to get banished from the Imperium. As far as we know the Emperor loved his sons the most, look what it took for him to kill Horace even though Terra was under seige.

·
Registered
157 Posts
New humans are generally referred to as abhumans in the imperium.Although ogryns and ratlings are the ones mostly mentioned I kinda like the idea of thousands of other types each with their own quirks and 'small' differences(remember, if they 'deviate' from the norm too much they might get killed of by =I=).

I also like the idea of there being other human empires besides the imperium, a million worlds/systems might sound a lot, but compared to 200billion+ systems across the galaxy.You basically have an imperium with its sectors seperated buy HUGE gulfs of unexplored/unreachable space, probably filled with ET empires/warpstorms/whatever else.

In the horus heresy artbook it said that the great crusade conquered about 2 million worlds across the galaxy. thats double the size of imperium 40k.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I also like the idea of there being other human empires besides the imperium, a million worlds/systems might sound a lot, but compared to 200billion+ systems across the galaxy.You basically have an imperium with its sectors seperated buy HUGE gulfs of unexplored/unreachable space, probably filled with ET empires/warpstorms/whatever else.

In the horus heresy artbook it said that the great crusade conquered about 2 million worlds across the galaxy. thats double the size of imperium 40k.
Yeah, the Imperium is pretty much like one small glob of butter spread over an entire loaf of bread. I've always actually been curious to know how much the Imperium's layout has changed in the last 10k years in terms of planets lost or re-discovered. If there really were 2 million planets conquered during the Great Crusade, then the fact that the Imperium is now considered to include roughly a million worlds in quite shocking. If that's the case then, with all the extra shit currently piling up, the Imperium definitely won't come close to lasting another 10k years. Personally, I think that there are several other undiscovered human empires or otherwise small sectors of planets who've become isolated from the Imperium and forced to go independant. I actually think there might be some empires of significant size (100+ worlds) out there. Also, with the Astronomicum growing weaker, the borders of the Imperium are shrinking which means more and more worlds will be getting out of the Imperium's reach and be forced to break away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts