Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I absolutely refuse to get an audio. Not even for Sigismund. Not even by John French, despite loving Ahriman: Exile. Here's hoping for Scripts 3.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I've not listened to a single audio that hasn't had voice acting that makes me believe it is damaging my mind and soul.
The White Scar's voice from the extract on the BL page was decent I think. Though the plot is somewhat confusing.

"On the doorstep of Holy Terra, the shadow of treachery still lurks. Upon a comet-shrine dedicated to the glory of Unity, a group of heretic Word Bearers prepare to return to the Solar System after being abandoned by their brethren – only the forces commanded by Sigismund, First Captain of the Imperial Fists, stand between the traitors and their goal. But will the legendary Templar’s skill at arms be enough to prevail over this new enemy, or will the doubt in his heart prove ultimately to be his undoing?"

Why would a group of WB's be a challenge to Sigismund and his most likely larger force? Why are the WB's worshiping a comet dedicated to unity?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
There should at least be some consistency in the portrayal of Sigismund's character, French did Crimson Fist aswell yes?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm going to have to agree, I refuse to get any of the audio "books".
Slightly off topic question that's kinda related to this topic: Has anyone read the scripts for any of the audio's? If so, how was it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Slightly off topic question that's kinda related to this topic: Has anyone read the scripts for any of the audio's? If so, how was it?
Hey man, I have the script books, and I read along while I listen to the audio. If you don't want the audio, but want the story, the scripts are pretty awesome.
The atmosphere notes are usually interesting, and having the speaker said helps sometimes, like when differentiating between a Dark Angel and a Fallen Angel.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki1416 View Post
Hey man, I have the script books, and I read along while I listen to the audio. If you don't want the audio, but want the story, the scripts are pretty awesome.
The atmosphere notes are usually interesting, and having the speaker said helps sometimes, like when differentiating between a Dark Angel and a Fallen Angel.

Hope that helps!
Thank you, it does help! Been wondering if I wanted to take the chance or not. I don't even listen to music in the car, so really have no desire to an audio book.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have no idea why people hate audio stuff, I find it quite enjoyable, even more so it helps as I suffer dyslexia.

Listened to this about 5 times now, every time it gets more amazing. I can't wait to see Sigismund at Terra, I think my inner fanboy will explode.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I have no idea why people hate audio stuff, I find it quite enjoyable, even more so it helps as I suffer dyslexia.

Listened to this about 5 times now, every time it gets more amazing. I can't wait to see Sigismund at Terra, I think my inner fanboy will explode.
I think it is decent. My biggest problems usually are 1) The same story-structure which makes them predictable 2) No big reveal 3) hard to care for the characters. Unlike many others I dont have that much of a problem with the actual voice-acting.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This was probably my favorite audio that came out. Best voice differentiation (plus the voices were spot on) and some great dialogue between top characters. Was listening to this in my charger with beats by dre soundsystem and at one point my whole car shook! haha.

It really tied together the little snippets of Sigismund in the Heresy whether it was from the brief writings he has been involved in or the times other characters have mentioned him.

Saying that, Sigismund is basically the Achillies of the space marines...he is going to kick major ass.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I had a three hour drive earlier today and decided to download Templar for the journey. It was an enjoyable listen and synced nicely with French's strong portrayal of Sigismund in Crimson Fist. Although he seems to be one of the most popular Imperial characters of the series, I've personally never connected with the character (and therefore not particularly enjoyed him) until French's Crimson Fist.

I hope French continues writing about Sigismund, has a sub-plot in mind and takes the character through to the Siege of Terra. Because, at the moment, he is the only recurring Imperial character I am actually engaged with and enjoying at the moment (that I can think of off the top of my head anyway).

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hope French continues writing about Sigismund, has a sub-plot in mind and takes the character through to the Siege of Terra. Because, at the moment, he is the only recurring Imperial character I am actually engaged with and enjoying at the moment (that I can think of off the top of my head anyway).
I would say I'm pretty engaged with Bjorn and Corswain as well. I was a big fan of Qruze as well, but well, Vengeful Spirit happened. Yesugei and Shiban Khan are both up there too.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I would say I'm pretty engaged with Bjorn and Corswain as well. I was a big fan of Qruze as well, but well, Vengeful Spirit happened. Yesugei and Shiban Khan are both up there too.
Yep, all good and interesting characters (apart from Qruze in my opinion), I should have put more thought into that comment. :laugh:

·
Registered
167 Posts
How many books has Corswain been in? He get's a lot of praise, but I only remember him in 1 maybe 2 short stories. I could be just forgetting..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts