Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been struggling against a buddy of mine's Vanilla SM army, in which he runs a brutal 8 man Terminator Squad with Captain in Termie armor all in a LR Crusader. So I'm kinda making a list SORTA to counter his list...but I think it would be semi-competitive anyways...

Lemme know what you think. =)

HQ:
DP w/wings, MoT, Warptime - 175
Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor w/MoS and Daemon Weapon (With Termies in LR) - 150

ELITE:
4 Terminator Champs w/Dual LCs and MoS with Dedicated LR w/DP - 455
5 Chaos Chosen w/ 5 meltaguns (Rhino) - 175

TROOPS:
8 Beserkers incl. Skull Champ w/PW (Rhino w/EA and combi-melta) - 258
8 Beserkers incl. Skull Champ w/PW (Rhino w/EA and combi-melta) - 258
7 Plague Marines (2x Plasmagun) incl. Champ w/PF - 231'

HEAVY:
2 Obliterators - 150
2 Obliterators - 150

TOTAL: 2002

Only worry I can see is lack of troops. But I'm hoping that during objective based games, my PMs can hold home and I can at least contest everything else. Let me know anything else I'm lacking. I know its 2 points over, but for a casual game it's okay. Let me know what you would drop to be under 2k. Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks good to me and for a 2,000pt list three troop slots should do fine. If it was my list I actually wouldn't change that much but here is some food for thought: I would drop EArmour on the Rhinos to give your Berserkers PFists and I'm probubly going to get flammed hardcore for this but everytime I play with Oblits (or Defliers for that matter)either they miss horribly only being two shots per unit or die horribly to Missle launchers, Lascannons, etc. even in cover. I personaly would go for a unit with one goal in mind like Vindicators, Predators or Havocs.

I've tried the Land Raider + Terminator combo and I never did too well. It was always an "all your eggs in one basket" kinda thing. If your list/tactics don't work try this: Stay as far back from his raider as possibly by backing up or moving along the flanks, use your Chosen squad to pop it, throw a sacrifice unit at his termi squad and as soon as he wipes it out hit him with as much firepower as you can muster and if there are any survivors assualt with whoever wants a piece. Thats my two cents, don't spend it all in one place.

·
Registered
941 Posts
:victory:I like it all!:victory:

·
Registered
941 Posts
maybe meltas on the PMs, though!:grin:

·
Registered
941 Posts
the combi meltas should be enough, but to deal with that landraider maybe meltas on the PMs, though!:grin:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Good shout lorgar, But he has no points to spare!

I would drop MoS on the Termie Champs, because if your putting the Lord in a squad with them, the MoS on him will work for them all... Or am i thinking of Icons? I can never tell :(

If not: Drop the Plasma's on the PM's and change to Meltas, 10points saved making you 1992! :D

High-five for having a hench looking list. :>

EDIT: Just cottened on to what Primarch was saying about the meltas, You meant drop the Plasmas!
But yes! I am re-iterating what Lorgar said!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
oi oblitz are fantastic if you take 4 of them

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Your Daemon prince has MoT and only 1 power... Make it MoN, No point in wasting a MoT!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your Daemon prince has MoT and only 1 power... Make it MoN, No point in wasting a MoT!
I know its kinda dumb to have MoT without 2 powers...I wanna find a spot for WoC, but Im short on points. And the reason I'm not using MoN is everytime I do, he gets shot to crap with S8 S9 weapons, and MoN doesn't matter against those. :(

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Ugh yeah i hate that also, but in a game i played yesterday I had my Daemon Prince with MoT BoC and Warptime, got like majorly trapped, so i had to run him into open to try and flank my other units...

Pyschic Test result - 1 1, took a wound, couldn't shoot, couldn't run.

Got shot by 4 missile Launchers.... And this was in the same game my Abaddon took 3 wounds from rolling 3 1's for my daemon weapon..

I was pissed, But my point is, your always gunna get shit unlucky, ignore the fact that your being shot up by S9 weapons, but your also protected from the S4/5 ALOT more, and thats just subconciously, because your opponent may know its not worth trying

Idk its a tough call, i'd just suggest that you give him Nurgle, It'll come in handy more than MoT... I mean Daemon prince already has a 5+ Invun. So it's not worth it.

Think about it, do what you think is best :))

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, you make some good points. What I really need to do is sit down and crunch the numbers. I guess I've looked at particular negative situations where my Prince got annihilated by S9 weapons...and looked away from all those positive situations where he had MoN and crushed squads without getting a wound against him.

In a perfect world I would have 2 of them and put Nurgle on both of them. But in this list I think I need that Lord...maybe not.

Lemme think about this...and crunch some numbers...this is just one of those times where I can't totally tell which is more beneficial. :ireful2:

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
I've not actually used them but what about running vindies instead of oblits!? Try and pop the LR with the chosen, make them foot slog across the board whilst you drop S10 blasts on their heads! My mates leman russ demolisher did something similar and it worked a treat! Although he didnt have chosen give him the starting blocks!
I'd def give my dp MofN too!
rest of list I like
Although one one little thing I would say is Kharn! Maybe I've been lucky with him but he has exceeded in every game I've used with him in! On the charge/assault 7 I6, 2's to hit S6 power weapon attacks is just too good!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I've not actually used them but what about running vindies instead of oblits!?
Now your just being CRAZY.

I find Oblits Irreplaceable, Not saying Vindicators are bad, But I run Oblits in every single list, just because they're so freaking useful. I think I'd say they're the ONLY model in CSM, actually worth the price you pay for them, in terms of results/reliability and amount of usage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just like ROT says, either give him MoS or MoN, or give him another power. I'd go with MoN personally despite the higher point cost. It's worth it though.

The only other thing is the Plague Marines. With seven of them out there without a transport, they're just a big target even with additional toughness and FNP. Take 'em out or put 'em in a Rhino.

That's all, I can't really find a great deal to improve, nice job:eek:k:

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
@ROT I hear what you are saying but I just cant get on with oblits! Maybe its time to give them another run out! And I'd have to disagree with you, you seem to be forgetting the best squad in chaos! The plaguemarines!!!!! They have never failed me!!!!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Thats just your opinion!!! Khorne Berserkers all the way

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

Otherwise yeah, you need to retry Obliterators, using them properly, which is marching them towards the enemy using this order

Lascannon -> Plasma Cannon then your options are limitless :D Multi-meltas vs a mean dreadnought, or a nice twinlinked-flamer at some nasty 'stealers.

That or just sit them in cover in like 2s 3s and if your get nice rolls, you can take out important vehicals with ease, while your army moves forward :D

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeah, i'm really sorry to whoever's thread this is, we kinda invaded it, BUT THERE IS SOME USEFUL TACTICA ON HERE NOW, SO I GUESS THAT'S A SLIGHT BONUS.

Sorry again. <3

1 - 20 of 32 Posts