Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Hmm I found Resin to be softer therefore easier to work with, its a bit more brittle which is annoying :so_happy:. Also remember the quote "The Devil is in the details" . Sure soon enough with tech improvements we might even find a better material than regular resin or plastic to make models out of, maybe we already have and I just havent heard of it.

This came to my mind

Well Primarchs are nowhere near the power of the Emperor they are merely fragments of his own DNA,
Well some Eldar or was it Daemon characters have 9s or 10s in their stats?
Bloodthirster is BS/WS 10. Otherwise none come to mind outside of Ld.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
@Stormxlr, they were in no way a prototype Thunderhawk. In all the books the characters see THs as ugly and boxy compared to stormbirds, which were supposedly sleek and swept wing machines. The TH was only supposed to be a temporary stop gap until more SBs could be shipped to the Legions, as the rapid expansion of the Great Crusade meant there weren't enough to go around.

This model is just an up sized TH, and strikes me as a lazy design.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
@Stormxlr, they were in no way a prototype Thunderhawk. In all the books the characters see THs as ugly and boxy compared to stormbirds, which were supposedly sleek and swept wing machines. The TH was only supposed to be a temporary stop gap until more SBs could be shipped to the Legions, as the rapid expansion of the Great Crusade meant there weren't enough to go around.

This model is just an up sized TH, and strikes me as a lazy design.
It's also a prototype. There may be some changes for the final version.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Guilliman looks incredible. Ultramarines by far have the nicest looking armor. All the ultramarine buthurts can go fug themselves :D

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
It would be but his stat line would be 10/10/10/10/10/10 with 10 wounds and his armor would be av 16 with 2+/2++ rerollable. Whats the point? He is a freaking God walking on Earth anything less in a stat line and Inquisition will show up at FW door step.

I get the argument for scale purpose but FW Thunderhawk is already very big, why make Stormbird smaller?
I love the version of Stormbird by BulldogUK

Also found this online , no idea where its from though. Anyone can shed the light?
In regards to his stats; unlikely. It took a Chaos Empowered Horus to really threaten him, but it was still Horus who saved his life when he was being throttled by the Gigantic Orc. That stormbird ruleset is ~6th edition Apocalypse rules, but fan made.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
443 Posts
In regards to his stats; unlikely. It took a Chaos Empowered Horus to really threaten him, but it was still Horus who saved his life when he was being throttled by the Gigantic Orc. That stormbird ruleset is ~4th edition Apocalypse rules, but fan made.
Well actually the one you are talking about is Gharkull Blackfang and thats not him he was on the planet of Gyros-Thravian.
The ork that choked the Emperor was "on the Ork-infested planet of Gorro, Horus repaid the debt by hacking the arm from a huge, frenzied Greenskin warlord as it struggled to choke the Emperor's life out of him." From Luna Wolves Index Astartes. For all we know it could have been a test for Horus, Emperor was busy killing other stuff, sneak attack, or combination of anything else.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Well, cut down in one way or another by a lowly greenskin. Perhaps not so lowly then, eh?
He was supposed to be a right badass of an Ork if memory serves.

Anyways, there was more about HH Book 5 that wasn't shown yet:

The Horus Heresy Book Five – Tempest
The new Horus Heresy book is coming and it is all about Calth! The “Tempest” seminar was all about the new book.

THE PLAYERS

Ultramarines

Word Bearers

Mechanicum

Imperial Militia

Warp Cults

Knights

Titans

THE STORY

The story of the Word Bearers assault on Calth

Background on the Ultramarines Legion (Approximately 250,000 Marines in the Legion)

Further background on the Word Bearers Legion

Background on Knights and Titans

Campaign

Imperial Miltia and Cults Army List

New Rules including new Legion units.

WHAT’S COMING?

Book Six is the Shadow Crusade (Before end of 2015)

World Eaters

Underworld War on Calth

Horus Heresy Model Masterclass book is coming!

Book Seven is Prospero! (Sisters of Silence, Custodes, Agents of the Imperium)

And………..

The new Primarch is Gulliman!

A great weekend ended with some disappointed fans who were still waiting for Corax or Perterabo. But many Ultra fans are happy.

Loken

41 - 54 of 54 Posts